[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi I,m new want to do silverclay and fimo

hi I,m new want to do silverclay and fimo

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi I,m new want to do silverclay and fimo

Postby alice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello everyone I put my first post in the craft section , I was trying to be positive :-D

At the mo I have clinical depression . Last year I had a conflict of meds then after a virus, an allergic reaction to an antidepressent went through withdrawal nasty and am now on another antidepressent. Though on a really low dose as yet as i am so sensitive to medication. The stress of Atos looming and fear of loosing my income and having been ill with this bout of F.M for 10 years , (i,ve had shorter bad bouts since a teenager) is making things difficult.

My husband also has F.M and our adult son is unemployed , living at home , they are both very supportive , my H is my main carer. I,m lucky ,our daughter and partner are also very supportive and we have two beautiful grandchildren. I also have some really good friends.
I,m going to try getting back into some craft work , my hands don,t work well , its getting started , I was a potter and stained glass artist , I want to try silverclay and fimo :-D really I want to be a potter again or sculptor but realisticlly havn,t the strength at least not yet .

I love company and this illness means I am indoors too much , I cant walk far at the mo (walking was my thing) it is hard to stay positive , but I,m giving it my best shot ,I,m still getting anxiety though its getting less .

I,d love to chat with other crafters and anyone else going through depression tips on how to cope etc.
:nono: cant seem to get the lovely yellow smilies to play
Looking forward to hearing from some of you Alice
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer
alice
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi I,m new want to do silverclay and fimo

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:46 pm

:wave: :wave: Alice and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've moved you into "Where To Say Hello" with this being your intro post. I've made your paragraphs a bit clearer as well, so it's easier for those of us who struggle with large blocks of text to read and meet you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hopefully you'll find some helpful suggestions in amongst all the info and advice on here. We're nice and friendly on here, try to support each other with the cruddiness that FM brings with, and join in with :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when someone has some good news to celebrate :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

There are a number of crafters on here, so you may be able to find out more about the areas you're looking into, as well as find some inspiration for future creations :clap: :clap: :clap:

What is the problem you're having with the smilies??? Usually they can't wait to come out and play when someone is posting. Hopefully we'll be able to help you with anything else you want to know about as well :f1-car:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Alice :wave:

Myself & my OH also have fibro, it can be hard having the both of you unwell all of the time, glad you have a supporting family. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby alice » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Just to say thanks for the welcome its good to have support from other in the same boat :-)
Don,t think there are many couples out there who both have fibro , I,ve never met anyone else before
Had a better day today I,m learning " MIndfulness" to help with the anxiety .
Its a way of accepting how you are and not fighting it it is helping :-)

Little yellow Smilies are only black lines on my computor seems they have to be "sent " to turn yellow :-o
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
alice
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Alice and :welcome: to the forum, the smillies are like that for all of us they dont become 'live' till your post is submitted :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello