[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - NEW and recently diagnosed.

NEW and recently diagnosed.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

NEW and recently diagnosed.

Postby SACHE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 pm

I was diagnosed on Wednesday after (at least) 12 years of pain and exhaustion. I ploughed through a long list of ignorant and arrogant doctors :evil: and finally found a good one :-D Relieved to be diagnosed but not sure what to feel now :?: I was practically elated when the rheumatologist told me! I've spent all these years feeling guilty and lazy, that I was mentally ill and now all I suspected is right, I feel strange. :-? I was prescribed 10mg of amitriptyline (sp?) but not started taking it yet. Ever since my appointment I have felt really rubbish, aching and exahusted. I was supposed to go and get some bloods done but I have found it hard to do anything yet. I also had a lower back xray done because I am so stiff, but isn't that part of fibro? :-? Oh dear! Maybe I was supposed to just say hello here? Anyway, I am mum to two boys one 12yrs old and one 6yrs old. Married to a very understanding man (don't faint LOL) who himself isn't well (severe RLS and periodic limb movments with benign essential tremor) I run a business from home, and he does a lot to help.
SACHE
UKFM Member

Re: NEW and recently diagnosed.

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum sache :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SACHE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

:-D Thank you x
SACHE
UKFM Member

Postby rosehip » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

:welcome: i am new hereas will x
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

:wave: :wave: Sache and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

How you're feeling at the moment isn't unusual after you've been dx'd. There is the relief of finally having a name for all the things you're feeling, followed by the realisation of what FM and what it will mean to your life :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so if you have a look round you may find some useful suggestions to help you. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SACHE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you everyone! Pleased to meet you :-D x
SACHE
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello