Hello from Haydock

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Haydock

Postby pamr100 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:03 am

Hi everyone,
I've just been diagnosed with FM. I spent years with various aches and pains, nothing mega, but enough to stop me doing things. In December I had a really bad sore throat, and it was as though all those aches and pains suddenly started wearing megaphones!! Mornings are especially hard, nothing works very well and really hurts. I've always been a bad sleeper, but that got worse and the depression I suffer from made me go to my GP and callopse in a snivelling heap!

Luckly I have a really good GP, who upped my antidepressants, sent me for blood tests, and has kept a close eye on me. The blood tests came back clear, so he refered me to the Rhumatologist, who diagnosed FM. She has put me on gabapentin and refered me to a pain management clinic.

I realise how lucky I am to get a diagnosis so quickly, reading some of your stories on here I do realise it could have been a lot longer and harder. But I am struggling to come to terms with the diagnosis.

I also have Menieres (a inner ear problem) and that causes me enough problems getting people to recognise that I have a problem and am not drunk when my balance goes or I get a vertigo attack. Its also very much a 'invisiable' problem, I don't look ill. So I can see that FM is going to be hard going.

Anyway, its great to know that this forum is here, and there is somewhere I can come for advice and support.

Pam xxx :wave:
pamr100
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Haydock

Postby denys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Pam and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Pam :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Pam :penguin: :penguin:

You've done fantastically well to be dx'd so quickly, hope it goes just as well and fast in finding the right balance of stuff for you to live with FM :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I was originally dx'd with Meniere's Disease when my FM symptoms started to appear, only for it to be changed when I didn't respond to treatment properly and even ore FM stuff started appearing :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pamr100 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

thanks for your warm welcomes.

Interesting your comments on Menieres, although I was diagnosed by the ENT consultant from the local hospital, I've never really been that convinced! I have the hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo but it really doesn't follow the same sort of pattern as MD. I also have balance problems that don't fit with MD, and the Serc that I'm taking doesn't seem to be doing much. I've been refered on to the Royal Liverpool ENT for more tests, so hopefully they will be able to tell me more.
pamr100
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello