[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I'm Sara.

Hi I'm Sara.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm Sara.

Postby toplessbug » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 am

I'm in the middle of being diagnosed at the mo.
Reading all the things you are going thru sounds the same as me.
Can anyone give me any advice so I can consult my doc please.
Thank you
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I'm Sara.

Postby lolabolla » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:58 am

Hi Sara,

The best advice that I can offer is to write everything down, every symptom, how you feel etc.

Try to figure out when your symptoms started, cronical any and all events, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem.

Book a double appointment with your GP so you have plenty of time to discuss everything and don't allow yourself to be fobbed off. Consider taking your partner, friend or a family member who can attend the appointment with you for back up.

Good luck

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Hi I'm Sara.

Postby toplessbug » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 am

Thank you.
I'm going to that x
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Sara and :welcome: to the forum, I agree with lola plus print off information from here and from the NHS website to show why you think its FM :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Hi I'm Sara.

Postby toplessbug » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 am

I've printed off info and highlighted what I (oh I hate this I'm writing this reply and mind has gone totally blank ) suffer from. It's a yellow piece of paper now.
Lol
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

I went to my docs with a list of symptoms n he just looked at it for a second and didnt seem bothered. Since seen my rheumatologist thats suggested FM so someone will listen, not all doctors understand.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sara :wave:

Hope you get some answers soon.

Like it has already been said write all your symptoms down & if possible take someone with you because they will be able to take things in better, fibros are known for forgetting things :facepalm:

If your Gp is not very fibro friendly ask to be refereed to a Rheumy. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 pm

:wave: :wave: Sarah and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The only thing I can add to the good advice you've been given is, if you have time try and keep a diary of how the pain feels, how long it lasts, what you were doing as it was triggered off etc etc, it could help show if there is a pattern to your symptoms and problems.

Hope you get some answers soon :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

RE: Hi I'm Sara.

Postby quentinb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Good luck,:)

Sent from my nokia windows phone using Board Express
quentinb
UKFM Member

RE: Hi I'm Sara.

Postby quentinb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Indeed...it did take me ages to get a dx.....keep going though......it does take a while :)

Sent from my nokia windows phone using Board Express
quentinb
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello