[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just saying hello :)

Just saying hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just saying hello :)

Postby Graciebaby » Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 am

Hi,
I'm a new member :-)
I was diagnosed with ME/CFS some time ago, but have just this week been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
I am already on meds such as Pregabalin but am now waiting for a prescription for Amytriptaline (spelling?)
I have asked that I start on the very lowest dose as I'm a bit nervous about becoming a zombie with all the meds!

I'm probably getting on a bit compared to many of the members on here :-)
Middle aged, married and 3 grown up children (one of whom I should probably just have auctioned off on ebay a good few years ago!)
Nah...just kidding, he's about to graduate from Uni in a few weeks, so I think I'm just trying to get used to the idea that he will be home soon and constantly leaving the fridge and kitchen cupboards looking like a swarm of locusts has just descended :roll:

I lost my career last year due to ME and I'm still trying to adjust to that.......but, it's not all bad. I have just been awarded DLA after appealing the initial decision, so that gives me a little bit of financial independence.
I have an appeal going through regarding my ESA decision, but I'm not sure that I have the stomach for anymore appeals and wrangling at the moment :-|
I have two gorgeous little dogs who keep me company during the day and have probably helped to keep me sane for the past year or so.
And of course I do have my family and I'm very grateful for them, even if they are a bit clueless and drive me mad sometimes :lol:

I've had a bit of a browse around, but look forward to getting to know others on here, learning a bit more about this horrible condition and sharing information with others.

Thank you to those of you who make this forum possible and thank you also for letting me join :-D

G x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Re: Just saying hello :)

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gracie :wave:

:goodluck1: on the Ami`s. I have been on/off them for yrs. i am on 75mg at mo.

I would keep fighting the ESA. we have lots of info on here which might be helpful, have a read in the Works & Benefits section, :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue May 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Gracie and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosehip » Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 am

Hi and a big welcome :lol:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 am

:wave: :wave: Gracie and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There are quite a few of us on here that are owned by doglets, and like you have found, they can really help pick you up :dogrun1: Same with all our other furry friends. There is just something about them that helps you feel a little brighter, even during those darkest days :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

With you having a look round, hopefully you'll have found that we're nice and friendly and only a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: There is a lot of info on here as well, so hopefully you'll find some bits of advice that could be helpful to you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've got a teenager at the GCSE level that would eat everything he could get his hands round, so thank you for the heads up about turning into a swarm of locusts at the uni stage :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Gives me a bit of a chance to develop some inedible defensive tactics :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Graciebaby » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 am

Thank you very much indeed for your welcome messages :-)
I'm still browsing around and trying to read up on Fibromyalgia and medication etc

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to sharing info with you.

G x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 pm

hi we have a dog, 2 cats, 2 gps and a selection of hamsters (lost count after daughters decided to breed them then couldn't bare to sell/give them away.

i am 40 with 3 kids but feel middle aged/old now after this taking over me 2 years ago.

nice to meet you.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Graciebaby » Thu May 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Lol...well your name "animalhouse" makes sense!
Not sure I could cope with a house full of furries as well as the dogs. I trip and stumble quite a lot. It's likely that I would keep landing on 'em and there would be flatted hamsters all over the place!
You are a mere spring chicken at 40, wait till you hit 50 :-) I know what you mean though, this condition does take it's toll a bit doesn't it.

Nice to meet you too.

G x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello