[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New here from Cumbria

New here from Cumbria

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here from Cumbria

Postby nigela » Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi There
well after suffering pain for years but suddenly got worse at menopause. It seems my symptoms are all fibre-GP says it may be! Wondered about support group but not one in our town so will have to travel.Hope to find out about self help treatments etc here as obviously not going to get any help off Gp-once the X-ray of back and hip came back as not showing arthritis that was it goodbye!
Nigela x
nigela
UKFM Member

Re: New here from Cumbria

Postby masonsbarms » Wed May 02, 2012 3:22 pm

hi not good gp have you see a rhumy
may be a new gp
there is lots and lots of help on here
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Have you another GP in your surgery who you could see? if not i would change docs as having a understanding GP makes a big difference with fibro.
We have lots of info on here so have a good read around and if you have any questions just shout. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

hi, the most difficult and frustrating bit can be getting good help but if you get a referral to a rheumatologist/pain clininc they are ablet o diagnose better/stronger meds.

i waited 2 years after car accident to get my wrists xrayed and never looked at back/hips just diagnosed this.

take care and hope you are comfortable soon.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby nigela » Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 am

Hi
Do any of you find that low back pain is so bad when sitting down? I find that walking is better. So hard even to sit down to eat meals!
Especially bad first thing in a morning. Keep getting a sore throat too-dissapears then comes back -very odd.
nigela
UKFM Member

New here from Cumbria

Postby Mozza » Wed May 09, 2012 9:56 am

When i was travelling on the bus to and from uni the pain in my cxcic was so bad i went to my gp as i thought i had mysteriously broke it!! I still get the feeling but only on certain seating :-/ xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby Em c » Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 am

Hello,

I get pain in my lower back too and I find certain chairs, like dining chairs, are more uncomfortable. I also had a herniated disc in my back too, so mine could be because of that.

I was advised to sit on chairs where I could lean back more so there is less pressure directly on the lower spine and to roll something up and put it in the curve of your back whilst travelling as it opens up the spine.

Hope that may help!
:-)
Em x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Nigela and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Sat May 12, 2012 3:33 pm

the sore throat can be a symptom of me/cfs as ihad one for a few weeks recently and looked it up.

had my suspicions i had cfs as well as can sleep for england sometimes especially in day but then other cant at night as you expect.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby stephenRT » Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi
Spent years to get to bottom of my problems most GPs know little a about Fibro you need to do get a friend to test the Fibro pain spots, may be print of body plan a mark it, if positive take it with you, but from the start its up to you read as much as you can avoid item that need paying for I think the help may be in your sleep, mind, and stress you have to change?

All the Best

Steve
stephenRT
UKFM Member

Postby stephenRT » Sat May 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi again
your lower back pain, do you find your hips click when in bed? try sitting on one foot when sitting up to table, I have had Acupuncture on lower back NHS it helped with mobility ( twist range ) and over all well being same for neck but no help here.

Steve
stephenRT
UKFM Member

Postby Em c » Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Steve,

I'll try that! :-)

Em
x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello