Newbee Hello Everyone!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbee Hello Everyone!

Postby Mumihippo » Thu May 03, 2012 7:59 am

Hi there,
I have recently been diagnosed with fm after years of tests and not knowing what's been wrong. I am 26, married and have 2 young children aged 4 and 1. I am having a flare up atm, I'm in so much pain, my arms are burning. I feel very much alone, no-one understands, even tho I have explained to friends and family about fm they just don't get it. I never get the chance to rest, hubby is working all the hours at the moment as I'm now on half pay so he's never here. I wish he was but then I would have more worries about how to pay the mortgage. I am very low at the moment. Fed up letting my kids down and having to say that mummy is too tired or sore to play with them or have friends over.
Not a great intro, full of moans. Just the mood I'm in today :(
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Re: Newbee Hello Everyone!

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

Hi & :welcome:

Dont worry about moaning, better out then in and we all understand as been there done that... :grouphug:

Glad you have found us, no need to feel alone now :bear-dancing: lots of support/advice and friendly people to help you.

When i was first diagnosed these forums were my lifeline as no one understood. Back then my girls were very young and i was feeling same as you.

Alot of us mothers feel we are letting our children down as we just dont have the energy to take part in more of an active life for them but you can only do what you can and im sure you give them the best you can within your limitations.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to our little online FM sanctuary :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You're not alone now you've found us :grouphug: :grouphug: Altho we don't see each other in the flesh/face~to~face, we do all we can to support each other thru the rubbish that FM brings along with it :hugs: :hugs: We share our experiences and suggestions in the hope that something may help someone going thru something we've gone thru ourselves :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you find the right answer for you :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 pm

hardest job in teh world being a parent and it is 24/7.

take care and try and rest when you can, i make use of tv/dvds as my son is homeschooled so every afternoon is telly time so i can have a rest/nap.

i manage until about midday then thats it i am spent for the rest of the day.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ants1964 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:28 pm

hi im anthony im 48 my first time on here to,and i know how you feel people think theres nothing wrong with you because you look ok on the outside apart from tired looking now and again.i was diagnosed a few years ago after years of suffering .so your not alone
ants1964
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello