[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby ants1964 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:20 pm

this is my first message on here and today im feeling terrible :-P i take pregabalin 75mg 3 times a day and the doc told me i cant take my anti depressants with these and they were helping me sleep anyone help
ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby Tinkerbell13 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. I know the feeling :-(. What anti depressant were you on because I'm afraid your doctor doesn't know what he's talking about!! You can take amitriptyline or nortriptyline completely safely with pregablin. Ive been on the long come down road of coming off pregablin as after doing hours and hours of research it's making me worse not better and has been poisoning my system!! Every individual is different tho and it depends on what you're feeling like?? It takes a long time, a lot of patience and a lot of reading but I urge you to do some research and battle with your doctor. I'm afraid they don't always know best!! Most of the best information comes from American websites etc as they've ploughed so much more money into research and treatment of fibromyalgia. My pain consultant is amazing and he let's ME make all the decisions on what drugs etc I feel are best (after he's recommended them!!) You need a bloody good doctor thru this awful illness who will help not hinder. I really hope this has helped a little. Please feel free to private message me if you'd like to chat or more help or just an ear :-)
Tinkerbell13
UKFM Newbie

Re: new member

Postby shazq » Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum ants :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ants1964 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:51 pm

ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby ants1964 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:52 pm

ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby SianyH0911 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm a newby to this as well so welcome to us both eh :-)

I was taking pregablin and amatriptalene together. I stopped takin pregablin because it personally wasn't helping (and I'm a woman and I gained about 2 stone in a month so NEEDED to stop)

I think you should speak to your doc, they will try and mix and match. They put me on on another anti-depression tabs (citralopram) and they helped me. The one thing i've found with this illness is that no 2 people are the same so its a trial and error.

Good luck matey, Stay strong :-)
SianyH0911
UKFM Newbie

Postby ants1964 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:40 pm

ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi ants and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ants1964 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm

im goin to see my doc on friday and ask about new meds the pregabalin and amitrpelene dont seem to be working anyone got any ideas what i should try
ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby SianyH0911 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi :-) Excuse the spellings here :crazy:

There are quite a few anti ep drugs. It all depends what you have tried already. I'm not saying that you have to take then but I have tried them but they didn't work for me :cry:

Carbamazapine
Lamotrogine

Instead of amatripiline there are a few other anti Dees about but I tried citalapram

Thats the only ones I can remember but it gives you a basic idea.

Let me know how you get on :-)

Sian
SianyH0911
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello