Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Flora1966 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 am

Hi my name is Jules and I'm 45yrs old and live in Wiltshire...I'm off to see a rheumatologist tomorrow after waiting for 5mths to see one!! I'm disabled through a back injury I suffered in 2005, I use sticks and sometimes when really bad a wheelchair...Now I'm faced with having fibromyalgia..I have had symptoms for nearly a year and it was my GP that said it sounded like fibro...I currently take naproxen for the pain...

Jules :-)
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Re: New Member

Postby Adele » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 am

:welcome:to the forum. :goodluck2: with your appointment tomorrow
:grouphug: most of us on here have other conditions so you're in the right place
:hugs: Adele :squirrel_nut:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Flora1966 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you for the welcome Adele.. :-D
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 am

Good luck with the appointment. Let us all know how you get on. x

You will find this place invaluable for future reference and talking. xx
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 08, 2012 3:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jules :wave:

:goodluck1: with your Rheumy app.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flora1966 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi..

It went ok with the Rheumy, she was really nice..I defo have fibro..Oh great joy...She wants to change my meds but I can't remember what the new ones are called :crazy: ....

Jules x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Welcome Jules. Sorry you've fibro, but you have come to the right place, everyone is so helpful and friendly, i only dip in and out and i still get lovely replies.

While online support is great and a must to be honest, so many people feel so alone with fibro/ME and they don't know there is support out there for them, Might be worth looking at the support group section on main page to see if there is a support group in your area.

Hope you stay in a "good" place with fibro, some can still go to work while others are bedridden, sadly im more or less in the latter catagory :cry: Would give my right arm to be able to go back to work, be healthy, but there you go, that's life.

Basically live life to the full, enjoy every moment you possibly can, you just don't know whats around the corner.

I'm buggering off now i've depressed you. :( :-) sorry. not in a good place at mo, hopefully someone will come along on a light note!!! :-D
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed May 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Jules and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 pm

to lighten my welcome. Well i hope, just heard on the Steve Wright show which made me laugh

To clean the chimneys, live chickens where used......

I should be sickened by it and probably would be had it been the present, but its the way he said it and my imagination made me chuckle, and my husband's chuckle is contagious!!!

:welcome:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello