Oh hallo there!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Oh hallo there!

Postby Demi_Kitten » Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi I'm Pam, I'm 26 and I've had fibromyalgia from the age of about 8 or 9, diagnosed at 16 and yeah that's about it.

I live with my handsome fiancé and adorable cat in a too tiny house in Liverpool where I did my undergrad studies (Ancient History and Archaeology) and once fiancé finishes his studies (Astrophysics) we'll be moving down south to the Reading area.

I'm currently unemployed but spend my time volunteering, writing (crime fantasy novel) and watching crime series on TV or movies (The Avengers was awesome, just sayin') I love reading (Crime and Fantasy but pretty much anything will do) and spending time with my friends.

I'm eventually hoping to do a Masters in Ancient History and finish my novel and I dunno, get published and live happily ever after? Who knows.

My fibro mostly affects my neck, hips, ribs and back, but as anyone here will know it can affect anywhere it damn well pleases. It also affects how well I sleep and my concentration can be very much moth in a candle factory at times.
I've recently started going to the gym to try to stop an eventual decline into a decrepit state that leaves me sad and a bit Hulk Smash, I'm always looking for advice on exercises that are helpful so feel free to drop me a message.

Um, yeah that's about it from me. I hope to talk to some people soon, so to speak (type...whatever). :-D
Demi_Kitten
UKFM Newbie

Re: Oh hallo there!

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi
Welcome pam
Dont have any advice about exercises. Iv just given the gym up as wasnt working for me, im thinking of doing maybe yoga or pilates and maybe aquafit. I hope you find something thats good for you.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

:wave: :wave: Pam and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There's a lot of advice and info on here, so hopefully you'll find some of it useful to you. We also try to support each other thru those darker times that come along with FM.

Wrt exercising, you'll find we're all at different levels on here, so may not be able to come up with many answers for you I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: . However, if you've found something that helps you and you think may help someone on here, please feel free to share it with us :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Em c » Thu May 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi!

I've started pilates in a small class. I've found my pain has decreased when I'm more relaxed and this has really helped me to de-stress.

I also go on a health rider where you push with your legs and pull with your arms. It doesn't strain my back problem and you can build up slowly on it. When I've overdone life I've stopped going on it and I definately feel better once I've motivated myself to do a little bit.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Em x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Oh hallo there!

Postby Mozza » Fri May 11, 2012 7:39 am

I'm up early to join a tribal belly dancing class, it isn't too energetic and i've definitely, thanks to gabapentin got the belly & the butt for it. Fingers crossed i don't make an utter fool of myself lol xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Oh hallo there!

Postby Mozza » Sat May 12, 2012 11:04 am

Bellydance class was brilliant, took it at my pace and the teacher was very understanding and helpful as in when she seen my pain she slowed everyone down. Downside, i've just scraped myself from bed in absolute agony but do you know what it was worth it. I never thought i'd dance again and it's maybe not what i was able to do before but i did it and enjoyed it. So much so i'm taking part in a demo next thursday night lol. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm

hi guys,

what interestng people w ehave on here.

bellydancing - what next. :lol: :lol:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello