[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Postby fibroqueenie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Evening all,

Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow fibro sufferers. I am just wondered if there were any fibro mites from the South West of England? If so, please let me know x
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Re: Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Postby Flora1966 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi....

I'm in Wiltshire if thats anywhere near you!1 :-D
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 pm

:welcome: to the forum fibroqueenie :wave:

Have a peek on the support group topic there is a list of support groups in different areas, you can also put a new topic up if you want to asking about one. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibroqueenie » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 am

Morning!

Hope you are as well as you can be. I've set up a fb page for fellow sufferers in the South West area. We've got a number of members in this group who are all very friendly & support each other with any advice about living with fibro. I have made some lovely friends & im looking for more people in the area who would like to join our fb group & get to know us. We have ladies from Taunton, Bridgwater, Wales & Bristol. So if you suffer with fibro & you live in the south west & you'd like to join our group please let us know. We are all hoping to build upon the friendships we've made, support each other & maybe get to meet one day. New members will be very welcome. Gentle hugs x
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 18, 2012 9:52 am

Welcome to the forum its great that you have a fb page for support, but please read the basic rules of membership which state any poaching of members will result in your membership being withdrawn. Please be careful how you word things
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby susie`s » Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 pm

susie`s
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dogcat » Mon May 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,
Not even sure If I should be here...not been diagnosed yet...(who knows whats wrong with me!) I've had loads of tests.

Anyway...I live in Exeter,Devon.....

HELLO...... :wave: .
Dogcat
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon May 21, 2012 6:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum dogcat :wave:

everyone is welcome here :bear-dancing: Hope you get some answers soon
Any questions just ask :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi fibroqueenie :wave: hope you are having a good day. I am from bristol,i am 46 and have had fibro for over 2 years,and cfs since 27.Have been on forum fora while,just nice to know there are others to chat to or just read about out there. bye for now kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby fibroqueenie » Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. Nice to know that i have found another fibro sufferer who lives in the Bristol area. Are you on facebook? If so, if you are interested in joining a local fibro facebook group, please let me know. We have members from Gloucester down to cornwall inc wales. It was set up for fibro sufferers in the area to get to know others & provide support to others who also suffer with the condition. Please let me know if you are interestedx
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat May 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm Andrew and I live in SW Cornwall.
I know the rules here state that people shouldn't poach support members, but I don't see why this should apply to local 'on the ground' support groups where people can meet face to face. There's nothing anywhere near me, but if there was then I'd belong to that group and this group. Can't see any problem with that. It's different if all the support groups were on line because then poaching could seriously damage and diminish an online community. It would be just nice to have fibro friends nearby who might someday feel comfortable to visit each other and such. You can't do that with an online group, and what's more, this group doesn't permit email contacts to develop. Or am I misunderstanding something :?:
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibroqueenie » Mon May 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I am sorry to hear that my post has caused such a reaction. This is not what i set out to do. Iam not poaching other fibro sufferers to leave this site but to simply offer a way of them meeting & chatting to other fibro sufferers who may live in their local area. I first come across this site last year when i was first diagnosed & it was such a relief to know that i wasnt tbe only one who suffers with this chronic condition. Actually it was through the main page that i first came across the UK Fibro Private Group & the UK Fibro awareness groups. Both these groups & other groups on facebook about fibro have members in the thousands, so this just proves that we are not alone & im sure that other people who have used this forum have joined facebook groups for fibro. It is up to tbe indivdual if they want to join other groups. I simply set up mine after there was an over whelming response for fellow sufferers to meet others in the South West area. I have made some lovely friends who are there for me if i need them
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby fibroqueenie » Mon May 28, 2012 8:26 pm

I woudnt say that joining a facebook group is better than a forum. A facebook group can open up other methods of communication i.e replying to posts, chat etc. I think this forum is excellent & i wouldnt putit down at all. As i said, it helped me so much last year when i was first diagnosed. Methods of communication are also important i.e as to where you can go online to access such forums i.e online using a pc or tablet. Or even a mobile phone. I can access this forum from work which is great but cant access fb, so each method i.e forum or facebook provide pro's & con's x
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby fibroqueenie » Mon May 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope you don't judge me in a wrong light as that would be very unfair. I have found it very difficult to come to terms with this illness & at times i have felt very lonely. I dont feel so lonely now as i have not only joined this forum but i have also visited a support group of whom when i told them about our local fb group, they were very interested. Not only are we posting information & events being held at their local support group, iam trying to establish contact with other support groups to raise awareness to other sufferers who may live in their area & who may benefit from such groups. Im sorry to hear that my posts have been taken the wrong way. Im a genuine person & am just hoping that i can raise awareness & let others know that they are not suffering alone
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello