[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Looking for fibro friends in South West Area

Postby fibroqueenie » Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Another thing about our local group is that the members are also members in other fb groups. I dont restrict them from being members in other fibro groups. In fact this just raises more awareness & ive seen some great comments posted frim
other groups with tips on how to cope with the illness & medication etc. Im very upset tonight to read the comments posted on this thread. Im only trying to raise awareness for others & meet new friends. I thought that other sufferers could unite together, together we can all make a positive difference & support each other
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 pm

We're not judging you in any way fibroqueenie, I can understand how a FB page for a local area can bring people together and open up different possibilities for them.

The rule has sadly come about from previous instances where someone has tried to poach members for their own forum/FB page etc by using various reasons as to why they would be better there than on the forum. So because of those actions, we now have to point out the rule when anyone mentions a FB page/forum etc. It's not something that we enjoy doing, as we know that a page such as yours could be the potential startings of a new support group at some point. We mention it because we have to treat all posts in the same way. I'm sure you can appreciate the uproar and potential fallout that could occur if the rule was applied to some but not others.

It's sadly another instance where something that may help many has been marred by the minority :( :( :(

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue May 29, 2012 3:51 am

Despite my initial enthusiasm, if I'm honest then I'm usually feeling so down that I'd put off people starting a local group near me in case I decided to join. You'd just have to hide it :(
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby nicki32 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi, Andrew z, i live in Cornwall and would be happy to chat, hope you aren't feeling too down today
Friends make the world go round......
nicki32
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello