Newly dxd after 25 years

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly dxd after 25 years

Postby wobblycat » Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 am

Hi all Im married with one grown up son and rwo dogs a14year old Jack Russell terror and aGreek rescue puppy now 4, Diagnosed late last year by rheumy after over 25 years of pain and stiffness and other horrible symptoms .Had to retire through illhealth from last two jobs and havent worked for several yearsnow. In 2007 tthe family moved to Crete and I found this site which saved my sanity as Ifelt so alone and scared.I didnt join as I had no di agnosis.Moved back to U.K late 2010 with worsening fm symptoms. Thank you to all the mods and fellow sufferers for the help I have received from this wonderful informative,nonjudgemental support forum. Not computer literate and never joined a forum before and looking forward to getting to know you all but with all the browsing done on this site over the years Ifeel Iknow some of you already!Thanks for reading and letting me join at last!
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Re: Newly dxd after 25 years

Postby denys » Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Glad you finally have a diagnosis wobblycat and that you've decided to join us although we would have been glad to have you before too :welcome: to the forum and hope we can offer you some support when you need it :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri May 18, 2012 12:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum wobblycat :wave:

Glad you became a member and decided to join in with us :bear-dancing: look forward to getting to know you :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi and welcome wobblycat, lots of info and friendly
advice here :welcome: tk care
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby stephenRT » Sat May 19, 2012 10:28 am

Hi welcome new here myself
Age 63 working from home had Fribro for years, my best tips checkout what effects sleep has on your day, share any problems you can, I have taken on the gardening ( no digging )and find it helps, try the deep baths at 37 deg body temp when you rise, my life line is that I do stretching exercises in a hot tub that also has massage jets that i can play on any tender point 7am to 8am, this give me a good start to the day, I know that some days its still hard to get started but you must get up and get on, in the end you have to help yourself.

All the best
stephenRT
UKFM Member

Postby wobblycat » Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Denys,Shazq.Cherrybee,&Stephenrt thank you so much for the warm welcome &advice.So glad I have finally joined ,shyness, lack of confidence with computer skills and a recent house move stopped me taking the plunge!Really struggling atm but have got some posts ready to ask for help.Take care &hoping you are all not too bad right now.
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi
We all had to start somewhere wobblycat, you will soon pick it up :-D :goodluck1: in your new home.

I am still in a flare which i have had for about a month now so i am beginning to wonder whether this going to be my new pain level now :( hope you have having a better day. :-D
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Mon May 21, 2012 12:49 am

Hi wobblycat, just keep posting, ask questions, always someone
to listen :-D tk care :wave:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Newly dxd after 25 years

Postby shelleydwales » Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 am

Hi There! Welcome to the forum :)) x
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello