[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby winsomewinnie » Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello all i'm new to here and looking for some help first i will tell you a little bit about myself.

I'm 38 years old and used to work as a manager at morrisons until 2007 where i was bullied by another manager who was higher up than me and thats where my problems started that i noticed but thinking back I been suffering one way or another for years but being at work and working long hours 15+ hours a day sometimes I didn't have time to think about how bad I was feeling until being bullied brought everything to a head.

Health wise is a major problem I am struggleing with everyday life and I am also dyslexic so please tell me if I am posting wrong as I find this very hard. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January but think I have had it for many years and in alot of pain I was also told a few week ago that I am diabetic. I live with my mom decided I was going to stay with her when I lost my dad three years ago to take care of her but it has ended up that she is taking care of me and I find that hard to deal with but without her I would'nt have a cooked meal because I find it painful to use my hands and have'nt got a very good grip with them there is loads of other thing that I struggle with because of pain and fatigue. I will list what I have been diagnosed with and the medication i take.

Fibromyalgia (gabapentin 600mg three aday)
Arthritis (sulfasaline 500mg five times aday etodolac 600mg one aday)
Depression (venlafaxine 225mg one aday)
Restless leg sydrome (ropinrole 2mg aday)
Diabetes (metformin 500mg three aday)
Migraines (pizotifen 500 microgram two aday)
Quinine (200mg one aday)
Lansopzole (30mg one aday)
Tameazepam (10mg one aday)
Sorry if this is along post and please feel free to tell my off or where i'm going wrong but I would like to how many of these conditons are linked I am trying to get my head around fibromyalgia but struggleing to understand it. I seem to spend my time either at the doctor or hospital with appointments and it costs a fortune. I know i am very stressed at the mo and struggleing with my depression and having a major flare up of fibro and arthritis so if anybody can give any adive on anything i would be grateful cus dont know where to turn or what to do anymore thanks in advace
winsomewinnie
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby cherrybee » Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 am

Hi Winnie, you have come to the right place for
friendly info and lots of help :welcome: you
identify with a lot of people here, so in good company :-D
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby winsomewinnie » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi cherrybee
Thanks for the welcome cant wait to hear from who suffer from this and other illnesses and learn what help is out there haveing a really ruff time at the mo will have a wonder round the site so thanks
winsomewinnie
UKFM Member

Postby stephenRT » Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi Mate
Been there know what retail was like, first with Fibro its very much self help, but looking at your list there may be overlaps so it may help if you look at each problem separately, can I start with Lansopzole Zoton / Zantac is this for reflux, I was on them for 20years with many of the side effects of Fibro turned out to be an intolerance to Wheat / Corn+ have you tried stopping / testing food items, If I may ask are you working now? how well do you sleep I see Tameazepam, Sleep and stress is often at the bottom of Fibro I have listed what helps me with sleep just Check stephenRT, were you tested on the tender points ? was you tested for Arthritis? say blood test. I think you should get a review on you meds, but do some ground work first, I note you take Pizotifen in the notes on line i found the following Pizotifen hydrogen malate is used to prevent certain types of headaches such as migraines and cluster headache. These types of headaches are known as vascularheadaches. In vascularheadaches the bloodvessels in the head swell and cause pain. Pizotifen hydrogen malate helps to stop these bloodvessels from becoming swollen by blocking some of the effects of a chemical called serotonin which is found in the body, but as my Doc tells me Serotonin is what we with Fibro need to make more of its made when you have deep sleep it repairs the body ?
Also have a look at venlafaxine side effects, may be the one used for Fibro may help?

keep your chin up get some good sleep and turn off that little man in you head " say no not going there " and just flow with it.

Will wait to here from you to see if I can help more

Steve
stephenRT
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum winnie :wave:

There is lots to get your head around with fibro as there are so many symptoms the more you read around the forum the more you will understand. We have lots of info on here.

Any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flora1966 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi :welcome: to the forum.....

Jules x :-D
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue May 22, 2012 4:21 am

hi,

hope you feel better, work wise i am glad i am out of it.

its a loss of identity but political side like taht yuo forget the hassles.

tale care. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby winsomewinnie » Fri May 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi guys thanks for the welcome and sorry not replied before but not been well and really struggleing at the minute with one thing or another.

StephenRT Thanks for your reply I will try to answer some of your questions as best I can but I am so new to this and find it all a bit duanting lol
Lansopzole- At first I was put on these to protect my stomach because of being on long term anti inflammatorys but was only on 15mg it was then upped to 30mg because of these funny bout of illness which I will start a new post about and also check what you said about intolerences

Sleep is another story with the tamazepam i can get 2 to 3 hours sleep without I can't get much maybe doze for 5 to 10 mins a time.

Not working at the minute being bullied kick started everything and its gone down hill ever since but try not to dwell on things and keep my self busy with a few hobbies and get moderate exercise when thing are not to bad and have major trouble using my hands and they are very painful.
Yes I was tested on tender points but took some time to get there buthave got a very good consultant and nurse and I see the nurse every 4 weeks I have also been tested for arthritis and have raised crp and esr but not got the rheumatoid factor.

Piztofen will check that out and going to ask for a medication reveiw also not sure what you mean about venlafaxine and any help you can give me will really be appreciated.
winsomewinnie
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello