Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed May 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello to you all.
I am 50 something, a retired professional artist, and I live in Cornwall. I was diagnosed with FM several months ago and have had the illness for over two years. I have most of the symptoms, but the pain varies from mild to total pain paralysis. Biggest nuisance is having an ever changing body temperature, either too hot or too cold. My worst worry is benefits but I've recently found a nearby disabled help and advice organisation who are assisting me.

I'm on middle rate DLA along with the old severe disablement allowance, as apart from FM I also have diabetes, angina, ulcerated legs, and bipolar disorder. I've survived three heart attacks and a DVT, so I'm feeling I ought to be lucky if the DWP wasn't doing its best to finish me off! The longer this government continues to persecute vulnerable people, the more deeply depressed and suicidal I feel. The DWP tells me I'm not to be reassessed for another 36 months, and from what I expect of that reassessment I truly doubt I'll have any more will or desire to live. So you have my attention and friendship at least until then.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 23, 2012 2:22 pm

:wave: :wave: Andrew and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here that you will hopefully find helpful in some way, as well as trying to support each other thru the not so good times that tag along with FM, as well as joining in with :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when they happen.

You're in a bit of a minority on here I'm afraid, there are some male users of the forum tho, so you're not entirely alone :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 2:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Andrew :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I might be a 'minority' male here, but the ladies will find I'm just as much interested in their posts, particularly art and craft. Perhaps I should have mentioned I do have two long term girlfriends. In fact 99% of my friends are female, so try me on any subject :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed May 23, 2012 5:14 pm

:wave: Andrew and :welcome: to the forum

like your items :welldone:

I took a shine to scroll sawing

not much done yet and not so keen on the dust aspect

my interests seem to be limited because of pain and exhaustion
oh, if I just could do what I want to do
don't think I'm on my own here lol

welcome again
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi andrew and :welcome: to the forum :wave: I'm a crafter so will enjoy your posts
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 am

hi andrew,

is that 2 long terms girlfriends running at the same time, lucky you/unlucky. :crazy:

i thought artists never retire or is it just scaled down.

take care.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby lynny68 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Andrew two girlfriends, with all ur ailments, where do u get ur energy lol :mrgreen: nice to meet you anyway. :chicken-dance:
lynny68
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Sorry, forget all that I souldn't have said it.
Last edited by Andrew_Z on Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby lynny68 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:02 pm

I know death row well, its my dentists waiting room lol, loving the sun, not, hand and legs in spasm, need to get myself lost in a book, in pain, so i know its going be a long night, enjoy ur evening to everyone :-)
lynny68
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello