newbi help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newbi help

Postby sandy51 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

hi
i hope this is the right place to write this. i have been having problems with severe muscle pain from legs to chest to shoulders neck and arms,although its not all day long , i also have a lack of sleep 4 hours a night if im lucky, i get night sweats, i cant tollerate the cold and get severe headaches,my memory isnt very clever and people say i can be very vague at times.when i wake up in the morning or still middle of the night sometimes it always feels like someone has been sitting on me kinda feeling. well id have enough so took myself off to the docs..... she said i was describing fibromyalgia ( never heard of it before) ive been and had some bloods taken and will get the results on friday... does this sound right to you?? will it get worse if it is this ?? im still working although im finding it hard.
sandy51
UKFM Newbie

Re: newbi help

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 23, 2012 2:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum sandy :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear how you're feeling, hopefully you'll start to get some answers on Friday :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Whilst the things you have described symptom~wise can suggest that you have FM, they are also problems shared by various other conditions as well, so you'll appreciate that we can't say if it's FM, or something else that is affecting you. Hopefully Friday will bring you closer to finding things out.

In the mean time, have a look round the forum as it is full of info and advice, and you may find some helpful suggestions. Anything you want to know, if you just ask, we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 2:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sandy :wave:

Hope you get some answers soon. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sandy51 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:00 pm

hi thanks for the reply :-P :-P i realise no one here can say if i have it or not ,i live 200 miles from all my friends and family i only have my hubby up here and he works very long hours, i just needed to have someone to sound off to i guess :oops:
sandy51
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi
It can take a long time to get a diagnoses of fibro because other things have to be ruled out first, fibro does not show up in any tests.
Most docs will send you to a Rheumy if your symptoms have gone on for longer than 6 months but saying that a lot of GP`S do diagnose fibro themselves these days.

Has your Gp done any other test to rule out other things?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sandy51 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm

hi yes took a lot of blood tests for which i get the results on friday so im hoping ill know more by then, it was the doc that mentioned fibromyalgia. it all looks kinda scary to me thanks for the reply :-P oooo gawd i hope <<<< was a smiley face lol
sandy51
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

:goodluck1: for Friday
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sandy51 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm

hi thanks for the kind replys i have had my results and i have hypothyroidism. so i guess i should not use this site now. i wish you all well xxx
sandy51
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello