Newbie - need advice

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie - need advice

Postby pj1943 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi

Was diagnosed with fm about 15 years ago however over the last few months apart from long term probs I have a new symptom and wondered if anyone else had it. My thighs from the knee to the hip are constantly painful. The muscles also have no strength and I have difficulty getting up a step. I was recently tested for polymyalgia but this came up negative.

I take dihydrocodeine 30 up to 4x a day with paracetamol also gabapentin 300 3x and diazpen 2mg for when I go into spasm. Can't take any kind of anti inflamnitory. Can anyone tell me if the have a similar problem.

Thanks
pj1943
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie - need advice

Postby lynny68 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi im new today, my outer thigh from knee to hip on outside feels bruised, im wondering if this comes from walking differently as the soles of my feet swell, but i also have osteoarthritis in my knees. I invested in a heatpad from argos for twenty pound, and find this takes the edge off, i know not everyone will respond to heat, but it works well for me x :-P
lynny68
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum PJ :wave:

Sorry to hear about your pain, i do get a lot of pain in my knees running up to my hips but we do always say its best to get new symptoms checked out by your GP just to rule other things out. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu May 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi PJ and :welcome: to the forum :wave: I have leg pain too but as Shaz has said we always say get anything new or worstening checked everything feels bruised which is why we generally describe things as feeling as though we've been hit by a truck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mollie May » Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi :-) I am also a newbie! I also have problems with stiffness, I struggle to lift my legs especially after standing or sitting for a while. My legs are tender all over and if my dog jumps up at my legs it is very painful. :-? Totally associate with this problem.
Mollie May
UKFM Newbie

Postby pj1943 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks everybody - it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Blood tests showed nothing else wrong so just have to get used to it! :lol: :lol:
pj1943
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 am

i really suffer with this so only have to be walkign along a slight gradient and it is like i have hit a brick wall.

should have seen my face when gym instructor at the weight mgt session told me to hop on the exercise bike - :roll: couldn';t even lift my leg over the middle bar to get on. then she had to turn the machine off for me to peddle as couldn't even manage the lowest level.

at least i know my walking speed now - the treadmill was set at 2km/h :crazy: :crazy:

nice to meet you and take care.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello