Hi - I'm a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi - I'm a newbie

Postby Marguerite » Fri May 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi everyone, I've just been diagnosed today after going back and forwards to the doctor and seeing numerous osteopaths and chiropractors over the last 5 years. It's a bittersweet diagnosis because you want a name for your condition but there doesn't seem much the doctor can do to help. I'm 55 and my symptoms seem to have co-incided with the onset of the menopause although luckily I don't have any of the other usual menopausal problems such as hot flushes, mood swings etc.

My daughter (25) has been suffering really bad migraine type headaches, along with tiredness and aches for the past 2 years and I'm wondering if fibromyalgia can be inherited or is she too young ?

Anyway its nice to be able to talk to people who understand how you're feeling.
Marguerite
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi - I'm a newbie

Postby shazq » Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Fibro does seem to be hereditary, we have a few members that have relatives in their families with it. :(
My OH and his dad both have fibro :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hi - I'm a newbie

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 am

hi marguerite,

its a bit like being thrown overboard on the titanic isn't it adn being left to get on with it.

i think either as you said or i am being overloaded with hydro, gym, cbt at theo moment so from moaning i never leave the house feeling abit anxious at the amount i have to go out.

take care hope you are well.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello