Hello again x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello again x

Postby Lisa38 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi everyone, I have no idea if Im posting on the right board so apologies if Im not.

I joined and typed a post a few weeks back now as I dont have a clue what's wrong with me but Im so fed up. Been back to the Dr and he has said the pain in my wrist and up my arm is tendonitis and the pain in my neck is unrelated and he wants me to go to physio (had both problems for months now). He also gave me some neck exercises to do and I explained that I have kept it moving since the pain started but it seems to make it more painful. It fell on deaf ears. The last few days I have a severe burning pain which starts above my knee and goes right up to near my hip and also into my bottom and it's agony walking up and down the stairs. Im really reluctant to go back to the doctors as they make me feel like Im some sort of hypochondriac because nothing is showing in my bloods. I really dont know what to do.

Sorry for rambling, especially as I dont even know if I have fibromyalgia, just needed to rant somewhere lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine :-D x
Lisa38
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello again x

Postby shazq » Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Lisa :welcome:

You should go back to see your GP and push them for some answers. Write all your symptoms down & go through everything with them.

Fibro does not show up in any blood tests so it can take a while to get the dx because they like to rule out other things first.

If your GP is no supportive have you got another one you could see?

Ask them to refer you to a Rheumy for a dx if your Gp is not taking you seriously. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lisa38 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks for replying..

I've been numerous times and was given the impression that I am not getting anymore tests. I was told to take ibruprofen, put ice on my arm, do the neck exercises and phone physio to the make the appointment.

I have seen two Doctors and everytime they have just ordered more blood tests (previously mentioned I have hypothyroidism too).

It's so frustrating.
Lisa38
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 pm

hi lisa
welcome back :wave:
agree with shaz, you need to find a gp who will listen to you
hope it starts to ease soon :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa38 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks ladies :-) x
Lisa38
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Lisa and :welcome: to the forum again. You really do need to find a doctor who will listen to you, ask for a referral to a rhuematologist if your docs will not listen, but if I were you find another doc :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello