New to forum!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to forum!

Postby Mumattheendoftether » Mon May 28, 2012 11:16 am

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say hi really. And also is there a place on the forum for parents of children who may have/have FM please? I just want some advice as I am 99.9% sure my eldest daughter has FM as she is developing the exact same symptoms as me & my mum. Getting doctors to listen about children is a nightmare.

Anyways, hi again & if any1 has children with FM too do get in touch please.xx :-)
Mumattheendoftether
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to forum!

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm

hi and welcome :welcome:

there is a topic on the main board (board index) on the bottom
young people with FMS
maybe it is young carers?
:crazy:
just checked it is Teenagers with FMS
hope others can shed a bit more light
I don't have any children but saw same/similar symptoms in my mum and her mum

all the best
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 pm

We have had some parents on here, the one that sticks in my mind is a father who's daughter had all the symptoms, the problem being that doctors dont like diagnosing something like FM in children as things change so fast with them and could be down to so many other things.

With the little girl I was talking about, her parents had an awful fight on their hands but they didnt give up, if you look using the search facility I'm sure you'll find the posts they were only last year. Anyway :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum. I was thinking of the same member that Denys has mentioned while I was reading your post. I too have worries about my son showing FM signs, when I've mentioned it to our GP tho, he always reminds me of the difficulty involved in dxing FM in children. DS is 16 soon, and seems to be showing fewer and fewer symptoms as he grows into his hormones and big feet. Depending on the age of your daughter, could this be a possibility for her???

There's lots of advice and info on here, so have a look round. Just ask if there's something you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello