Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :)

Postby ~Jo~ » Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 am

I was diagnosed last autumn with fm and chronic migraine. I caught a bad dose of flu last year new (2010/2011) and haven't been well since, it flared up properly last easter, first as trigeminal neuralgia and the pain then spread to the rest of me.

I was on 1800mg of gabapentin which has just been upped to 2700mg as the tn has returned.

With all my symptoms (pain everywhere, nerve and muscle spasms, intermittent ibs, tn, migraine, I get exhausted so quickly, memory and cognitive problems) everything revolves around the fm and what I can do, I can't definitely arrange to see friends as I don't know how I'm going to be, I've had to cancel seeing them so many times I've stopped making arrangements. My family are suffering too (as well as being worried).

I've had to finish work, I've been off sick since may last year, I went back in April on a gentle four hour, reduced duties and lasted four days. I still haven't recovered from it. :(

On the positive side I've found this site very helpful and informative (It's also lovely to see a forum where everyone is so helpful, friendly and caring. :-)) and it's good to know that symptoms do come and go.

I'd like all the symptoms to go but don't we all?!
~Jo~
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :)

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue May 29, 2012 3:41 am

Hello, and welcome. :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue May 29, 2012 4:15 pm

hi jo have you had any other help offerd to you like physio or pain managment.
if not ask your gp .
take care and be as well as you can xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 pm

:wave: :wave: Jo and :welcome: to the forum :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

You're right, we'd all love our symptoms to go and never darken our doorsteps again :-x :-x :-x If you'd like to add your wishes for it to our wishing well, then one day it might happen for all of us :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of advice and info on here, as well as support for each other and the chance to be a bit daft now and again :clap: :clap: :clap: Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ~Jo~ » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi,

Yes I did get offered physio but it was in the middle of winter and the cold made my muscles seize up so it wasn't worth it and the offer' was withdrawn. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow so will ask about a re-referral now the weather's warmer. :)

Thanks for reminding me! :oops:

I've had a good look through some the help and advice threads, I love the suggestion about using a chip pan basket for boiling potatoes in, I'm def going to get one.

The five min housework and rest idea is a good one too.
~Jo~
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jo :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flora1966 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Jo :welcome: to the forum x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello