Outlook???

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Outlook???

Postby Em c » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi,
I had a meeting with the head yesterday and taught again today! :-D Loved it, it was covering a class with the children I'd taught last year so I had a great time. And it was only between 10.30 and 11.50am! Very gentle phased return was recommended by Occupational Health doc.

I think it's going to be a question of whether I can sustain the pace when I get back full time. Plus how I'll cope with the out of hours stuff; planning, marking, assessing, break duty, event evenings and extra commitments that get piled upon you.

Still waiting for the official Occupational Health report to be sent to the head and I, so I can see what the actual expectations will be...

Good luck getting through the next fortnight Pugbear, I can imagine how stressful that all is. We're due an OfStEd any minute too - eeek!

Em
x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Postby pugbear » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Em
I am really glad that you had a good day :-D , heres hoping that with a phased return you can continue in a job that you really love.
As you say, if it was just the contact hours then it would be easier, but with the planning, developing and creating resources, marking, parents evenings, open days, adhoc meetings with parents or guardians, phonecalls, department meetings and all of the other aspects of the job, this is where things become difficult :(

My college is also having the lovely Ofsted inspectors coming in to scrutinise and nit pick our delivery etc anytime between September and December :crazy: It adds so much stress to an already stressful job, especially at the beginning of a new term!!

Anyway, i'd love to hear how things go with you with the phased return, so keep in touch :-D
Pugbear
pugbear
UKFM Member

Postby Em c » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Will do! :-D Let me know how your busy fortnight goes too.

Em x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello