[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie here... First time

Newbie here... First time

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie here... First time

Postby Bagsby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 am

Hello I have been living with Fibromyalgia most of my life but not diagnosed till 2002. I have now been diagnosed with Sjogren;'s syndrome in April 2012 , which I don't much about, but do know it was wrongly diagnosed as Sicca syndrome, dry mouth and eyes.

I am suffering from quite severe depression and anxiety and as I live alone it is very hard for me to pull myself up and get on with anything.
I have been prescribed duloxetine 30 mg, but have not taken them as I'm afraid of the side effects, having had them once before at a lower dose and I believe they kept we awake.

I am finding it hard to eat, no appetite, and have to force my food down.
I have many interests and used to be very active with them but now I just shy away from doing them. I am a very friendly person who cares a lot about others and the environment.

I would be very glad to have contact with anyone on here. I tried to upload a photo but they have been rejected as they are all too big and I don't know how to re-size.

Hoping to hear from someone soon and I hope I can make a valuable contribution
Bagsby
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie here... First time

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 am

Hi & :welcome:

There is lots of advice/information and support here for you.

Lots of us have anxiety & depression so we can relate to you there. I found CBT to be of benefot not sure if you have tried this? If not its worth asking your GP

I have a fear of new meds as im very sensitive. What i do is i get some one to stay with me whilst i try the new tablets so if i get anxious or react i know i am not alone. Is this possible for you? do you have any family/friends to help you?

Being moderator i should know how to re-size photos BUT im having a foggy moment and just cannot remeber :facepalm: im sure one of the other mods can save me there :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum bagsby :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 am

Hi bagsby :welcome: lots of friendly advice and info here
tk care :wave:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello