[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from the North East of England

Hello from the North East of England

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from the North East of England

Postby desjumeaux » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Just recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after lots of tests etc, also Osteoarthritis, still not convinced that I have either as I have always been very fit and active. ( I am told this is not a criteria for not having these issues ).

I live in the seaside town of Whitley Bay, with my husband and my big floppy raggy dog who has his own web page.

I look after my mother who has alzheimer's, she doest live with me, she is still living alone and doing very well with lots of help, so I visit her several times a week, do her shopping, washing etc.

I like to write and knit and love having the Children round who are all very grown up, and my grandchildren round, who range from 3 years to 19 years old.

Look forward to being part of this forum.
desjumeaux
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from the North East of England

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby desjumeaux » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Strangely enough I got a report from the Consultant this morning, just after posting on here.

He says Fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis in both knees, oh well I suppose its just wear and tear.
:lol:
desjumeaux
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 pm

hi first you live in a lovely place.

i to have always been very active up untill 3yrs ago, i also have oa in both hips and lower back, yes this is wear n tear,

but please learn all you can about fm from all the info on this site.

fm isnt wear and you need to take it seriously and then you can learn to manage it.

i dont mean to be gloomy but just want you to keep as well as can be.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :dogrun1:

Love the description of your doglet :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look round and see what might be useful to you. There also plenty of support for those darker, not so nice times as well as we all understand what this condition puts you thru :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Feeling unconvinced that you have FM is somewhere that most of us have been at some point or another, it's part of the process we need to go thru to reach the point where we can finally accept that FM is a part of our lives and that we need to live with it rather than fighting against it. There are several stages and it's not unusual to go back and revisit a few of them. Hopefully now you've joined us you'll find your journey to acceptance a little less worrysome.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello