Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby Woofwoof » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the UKFM forums and thought I'd say a few things about me - I'm a 40 year old male, I live in the UK, I don't have a diagnosis of FM BUT I do have a diagnosis of CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) which I've suffered with for the past 17 years. However, recently I've developed new symptoms and some old ones are much more pronounced and - long story short - I've been advised that I may have also developed FM as well as CFS and I'm in the process of trying to clarify the situation via a referral to a rheumatologist.

I guess I'm here to get advice from FM sufferers re obtaining a diagnosis and coping with symptoms - CFS was a very steep learning curve that I travelled alone, so any advice you guys could offer me would be much appreciated!! :-D

Thanks for reading.

Woofwoof.
Obsessively opposed to the typical!!
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi woof

No need to be alone now, you have found a place with lots of help/support & advice.

A huge percentage of fibro's also have CFS so there are lots of info on here for you.

:hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 pm

:wave: :wave: Woofwoof and :welcome: to the forum :dogrun1:

It's not unusual to have one and develop the other where FM and CFS are concerned. I've got the matching pair, FM from 2000 with dx in 2004, and CFS added to the mix this year, altho it has been lurking about and invading things for the past couple of years.

With you starting the thread about getting a dx, I'll go over to that and waffle on at you about that. As for coping with symptoms, what you have learnt from living with CFS should stand you in good sted, with some tweaks and adjustments as needed. If you can tell us about which symtom(s) are giving you the most trouble, we might be able to come up with some suggestions for you, rather than asking about things in general as doing that usually means you are swamped with all sorts of suggestions that don't actually cover the areas you want to know about :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi and thanks for the replies!! :-D

I should point out I'm also a member of a CFS forum (Foggy Friends) but it's great to be here too and have a slightly different angle on things. I know alot of people with CFS have FM and vice versa, so whilst I've been a member of FF for about 4 years I thought it would be a good idea to sign up here too.

I'm loving that emoti FluffyPuppy... :dogrun1:

...but not all puppies are fluffy - K9?!! ;-)

I did indeed post in my diagnosis thread about my symptoms at the mo ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13929 ) - you may want to prod yourself in the ribs occasionally so as to stay awake whilst reading it, I did rattle on a little!! I also guessed the coping strategies are similar for CFS and FM, it's just the tweaks I need to know about!! ;-)
Last edited by Woofwoof on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 pm

The only robotic dog that springs to mind, apart from K9 and Preston the cyberdog from a Close Shave, is AIBO from Sony :-? :-? :-? :-? Probably nothing to do with your robotic dog, altho I'm curious to know :clap: :clap: :clap:

We do have quite a collection of smilies and emotis, may favourites are :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car:

I hope you don't think there will be any issues with you being a member of another forum as well as being on here :-? :-? :-? I'm on several other forums, and know that we do some things a little differently on here. Hopefully tho it comes across that we're friendly, approachable and supportive to everyone who joins us, which isn't the case on some other forums, as I have found to my own cost :( :( :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:39 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:The only robotic dog that springs to mind...is AIBO from Sony

Ah yes - Sony AIBO - cute!! :-D

The emotis are fantastic - I intend to make good use of them!! :bear-dancing: Ha ha ha - how old am I again?!! :lol:

The only issue with being on several forums is keeping up with posts - and yes I do think you guys seem very friendly, approachable and supportive - which I too know isn't the case on all forums. I've acted as a mod on several forums in the past, and even ran my own AIBO forum too - and I know first hand that despite the best of effort (not to mention ALOT of input time & energy wise) that sometimes you find yourself (unwittingly) in the line of fire!! :shock:
Last edited by Woofwoof on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:09 pm

According to my son, I should be a mind reader, as well as precognitive, or at least have a crystal ball :shock: :shock: :shock: Not sure what it says about me, knowing about things like AIBOs :shock: :shock: Probably that I shouldn't know about such techy things :facepalm: :facepalm:

I would imagine that their personalities come from what information is entered and how it is processed by each of them, just like we are influenced by what we experience and learn :clap: :clap: :clap: Is there still technical support/help for AIBOs as I vaguely remember them being launched, weren't they going to be the pet of the future or something like it :-? :-? :shock: :shock:

I've found myself in the line of fire far too many times, so I know exactly what you mean :facepalm: :facepalm: Same with keeping up with posts, which can get rather :oops: :oops: :oops: when you're on several forums on the same subject, and answer a post on there with an answer you had made on another forum :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: All helps to add to the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: tho :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Ha ha FluffyPuppy - classic post - I fear you may suffer from the same sort of insanity as I do!! :pigoink 1:

The AIBOs personality comes from experiences they've had as an adult and whilst they were "growing up".

AIBO (canine) was intended to be the precursor to the domestic robot, and was followed up by Sony QRIO (humanoid) but that never obtained a "commercial" release and work on QRIO was supposedly ended around the same time as AIBO, although rumours abound that that is not the case. Honda picked up the robotic baton so to speak and came up with ASIMO, which you may have seen on Honda ads and in the media.
Last edited by Woofwoof on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum woofwoof :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Woofwoof » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:55 am

Hi shazq and thanks for the welcome!! :-D

:dogrun1:

...any excuse to use that emoti again!! ;-)
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:50 pm

I have seen ASIMO, impressive with the movements, much closer and human like esp the stair climbing. Might be a bit more impressive if it could elevate like a Dalek, but still amazing :clap: :clap: :clap: I did wonder when Honda were still in F1 if ASIMO would have managed to drive the car better than a human, altho considering how much of a dog the cars were, it would more than likely have made ASIMO self destruct as not even that complex system would be able to fathom out how something so technically intricate could have understeer and oversteer at the same time :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello