[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does it ever get better?

Does it ever get better?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does it ever get better?

Postby debfro34 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Hello I am new on here and sorry to be so miserable but i was wondering does this ever get better? After a year or so of feeling awful I have been diagnosed with this but cannot believe this has to be for life. I have cut my work down to term time part time but struggle so badly someday's it's ridiculous. I have a 9 and 7 year old who are not getting a mummy they should have. I have been given tablets but is their anything else I can try to help me get better. Thank you for reading.
debfro34
UKFM Newbie

Re: Does it ever get better?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:49 pm

:wave: :wave: Deb and :welcome: to the forum :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment :hugs: :hugs: Hopefully, knowing that you're not alone with what you're feeling and experiencing at the moment will help you a little. Whilst things seem really bleak at the moment, there are little bits of brightness. It can be quite a journey to reach these bits of brightness, with some trial and error tho, it is possible to find the right mix of things to make FM more manageable and livable :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Which tablets have you been given?? There are various meds that can be used in managing FM, and it can take a bit mixing things around to find the right cocktail to help you. If you want some info about what is used, this linky will tell you http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

Some FMers have found that hydrotherapy or physio can help them, as well as things like acupuncture. Your GP should be able to tell you what is available in your area, and what you need to do to access the services.

Where your kiddiwinks are concerned, they can still have the mummy that they should :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: My son was 4 when things started emerging for me, and had the same worries as you. When I knew what my capabilities were, I got help from family members to make sure he didn't miss out on the things I couldn't do, and we found things that we could do together for our time together. Where small people are concerned, it's quality and not quantity that is important, so spending a short time doing something with you that you both enjoy will make them much happier than doing something that isn't as much fun without you for a longer time.

Think I've waffled on at you for long enough now, there is a lot of info and advice on here so have a look round and see what there is. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debfro34 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for replying. I am on Amitriptyline and co codipar at he moment although I have been offered Tramadol from my consultant my GP does not want me to have it as I have a hectic lifestyle and it will make me dopey. I have two boys with Autism (one is 20) and a daughter with Sensory processing disorder, a job wih DWP (please don't hate me) and an unsupportive husband and a dog. My life is constantly busy and I feel like I am walking on sand. The pain I can just about deal with but the fatigue and lack of memory is what I am struggling with. I cannot remain like this how do you improve them. I will look around the site as soon as I get some time. Thanks for your advice so far.
debfro34
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:55 am

Sounds like your absolutly exhausted and in need of some time to yourself although i apriciate this maybe impossible :hugs:

Not having a supportive partner can be alot of the problem. Any chance by the info on here he may be more understanding and supportive? theres lots of information for family and friends to help them see what we have to live with.

Fatigue i found to be one that is very hard to control. Alot of pacing and resting and cutting out stress plus a healthy diet helps.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Deb :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Deb and :welcome: its not easy when you are a carer
and sometimes need a little bit of caring back, sounds as though
things are tough, hope you can get the support you need, you
probably know all about pacing, and priorities, above all make
sure you get some time for yourself, tk care
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby debfro34 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:15 am

Thank you all for your warm welcome. My partner has also been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome so he cannot empathise with me. I have had a little look round the sight and written down some tips will keep popping on when I get the time. Thanks again it's nice to talk to people who understand what it feels like x
debfro34
UKFM Newbie

Postby shari » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Deb :welcome:

Initially I felt like things were never going to get better. The dr never had
a clue what was wrong. In the end it was a trip to the Rheumatologist that I got
my diagnosis. Ipersonally think I have had Fibro for years.
Its the same as depression, which I have also had for years. I told a dr once.
If I had a broken arm, everyone would know what was wrong, and could see it.
With Fibro, there is no visible proof. Lots of people assume its arthritus. And I
must admit, sometimes to avoid going into detail, and explaining what fibro
is, I say I have Arthritus. I felt guilty for my partner. He never really understood
what I go through. I wrote about it on here. And someone suggested I write him
a letter. And explain, how I feel, what I go through. because I felt guilty, and
I needed to explain how much pain I was in. After that, our relationship is a million
times better. He understands. Because I told him.
You are under a great deal of pressure. Because your husband has aspergers. Its all a great
deal to take on board.
Yes it does get better. You will have your low days. And good days. Whenever you want to
offload, cry and talk, log on here, and 'talk' . There are some wonderful people on here.
I have done that. And it has got me through the day.
I hope you feel a lot better soon. And dont forget. we are all here for you :hugs:
shari
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 am

Hi deb, apparently it is Carers week this week, so this is the
time to find out what support we can get, yahoo news have an article
running, it has now been decided that the health of the carer is
paramount, about time this was realised, and hope things improve,
especially struggling with FM as well as looking after others. tk care
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby Kierakid » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 am

Hiya
Can I ask what good days are like? I seem to wake up every morning with something different. I seem to be on a constant flare up!!!!!
:(
Kierakid
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello