[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello, I'm new! From Wales :)

Hello, I'm new! From Wales :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello, I'm new! From Wales :)

Postby aliminium » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so wanted to say hello! I'm Ali, I'm 21 from Swansea in South Wales. Currently battling through uni with my health and I study Biomedical Science.

I have had fibromyalgia and ME for 8 years after contracting Glandular Fever when I was 13. I have pain everywhere except my elbows, forearms and feet but the fatigue is by far the worst symptom. I also have severe memory and concentration problems along with headaches, IBS, restless legs and cognitive issues.

I'd really like to meet some new friends to chat to, and if possible talk to some people who are from a similar area!

Hope everyone is feeling ok today! Love of love xxx
aliminium
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello, I'm new! From Wales :)

Postby difly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi Ali im not from Wales but just wanted to say hello ,you sound busy with uni and i admire your determination stay strong

know what you mean about the pain everywhere and yes the fatique is s soo bad at times carnt function ,I am still working full time
and dont know how i do it sometimes ,its the same for me memory like a pea and zilch concentration ,

ive been diagnosed just over a year now but it took me four years to get there ,every time i think im coming to terms with symptoms another new area of pain pops up im sure you will meet loads of new friends on the forum its a brilliant forum and ive learnt alot

take care :)
difly
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 pm

hi ali
welcome to the forum :wave:

i have had to take your name off your post as this is an open forum.
when you get friendly with other members and your happy for them to look
you up on f/b then send them a pm, much safer that way :-D

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ali :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ali :wave: :wave:

Lots of advice and info on here that you may find useful, as well as support for those darker times.

Hope you can find some fellow FMers in your area, and you can always ask us about things, we'll try to help you with them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:48 am

Hi :wave: and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello