RECENTLY DIAGNOSED

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RECENTLY DIAGNOSED

Postby angela michelle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:36 pm

HI
I RECENTLY GOT DIAGNOSED DOCTOR DID NO TESTS JUST SAID WITH MY SYMPTOMS ITS FIBROMYALGIA, SHE SAID THAT IT IS A CONDITION WHICH IS AS FRUSTRATING FOR A DOCTOR AS IT IS A PATIENT GIVE ME TABLETS AND SAID THAT THERE ON REPEAT PRESCRIPTION AND TRY TALKING ON FORUMS AS THEY HELP, BUT EVEN TO SIT HERE ON MY COMPUTER HURTS SO NOT REALLY HELPING MUCH.
I FINDING PINS AND NEEDLES TO MUCH I AM IN PAIN FROM HEAD TO TOE CAN HARDLY WALK MOST DAYS AND IF I DO ANY THING IN MY DAY I SUFFER THE NEXT FOR IT.I HAVE READ ON THE FORUMS ABOUT PEOPLE HAVING FLARE UPS BUT I HAVE BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE XMAS WITH NO BREAK :cry:, THE TABLETS THAT THE DOCTOR HAS GIVEN ME DOES NOTHING. AND NO ONE UDERSTANDS WHAT I AM GOING THREW WELL I HOPE THAT IT GETS BETTER THAN THIS
I GO THE DOCTORS BUT THEY SAY THE SAME THING THAT THERE IS NO TREATMENT AS SUCH. IF I WAS AN ANIMAL I WOULD OF BEEN PUT DOWN BY NOW :lol: PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IT GETS BETTER. I HAVE TAKEN AMPTRIPTALIN AND PREGABERLIN AND TRAMADOL AND THEY ALL ADD TO MY PROBLEMS
angela michelle
UKFM Newbie

Re: RECENTLY DIAGNOSED

Postby loubie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:23 pm

hi angela :wave:

welcome to the forum :-D
first off can you not type in capitals as we only use them as shouting :scream-1: :lol:
are you worrying about anything and getting stressed out??

sounds like you are and that is making you worse :yikes:
the best thing i can tell you is to take things one day at a time
and do everything slow, listen to your body and sit down and rest when its telling you

how long have you been on your meds ?
they do take a wile to get in to your system but they probably won't take your pain away
just take the edge off so you can cope a little better

i hope you start to feel better soon
its good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 am

Hi Angela, I have moved your post into here, it being your first one its a more appropriate place and hopefully you will get more hits :-D :-D I'm sorry to say but your diagnosis seems quite typical but you must go back to the docs as there is other medication/combination of meds she can give you. Dont let her fob you off :nono: :nono: :nono:

Talking on the forums can help, as we all know what you are going through and we all try different things to try to help ourselves. Some find more movement helps where others find it makes things worse, which is why its so frustrating for doctors too as FM doesnt follow any rules.

What I would say is trying to do a little everyday by pacing (read through the forum, you'll find loads of info about it) stops you seizing up completely because if you dont try to move at least a little bit then your muscles will start to lose any strength they may have once had.

Anyway look round and if you have any specific questions or just want a good old rant then post away and I'm sure you will get some answers/advice/support pretty quickly

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby angela michelle » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 pm

hi thankyou for replying to my post, sorry for the caps but yes i do feel like shouting. i do have alot on my plate my son has leukeamia and i dont like to say its his illness that makes me struggle but i dont think it helps. i also have a foster daughter and two little ones of 5 and 6.

i have been on meds since xmas mainly amertriptaline (sorry cant spell it) which made me sleep to much tramerdol made me sick so doc has just started pregabuline(notherone i cant spell ) :lol: but most of the time i am in pain and have all fms symptoms then the side effects as well

i find walking difficult as my feet hurt when i stand on them but if i sit for to long i fall a sleep or i am to stiff to move so i feel i cant win, and it is hard to do little bits i have so many people that rely on me and there is noone i can rely on :(

but hopefully all this will come together with time xx
angela michelle
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:02 pm

you do have so much going on
must be a constant worry with your son being ill :(

try to give the meds as long as you can :fingerscrossed: they will help in time.
the only way i get through each day is to take it as it comes
and never plan ahead because most the time i am ill and can't do what ever has been planed :(

ask your gp if there are any services you could go to for help

we are always here to have a chat to and we try and help as much as possible.

:blowkiss: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 pm

As Loubie has said we are here if you want to chat and so sorry to hear about your son, its no wonder you are feeling so bad :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Angela :wave:

Sorry to hear about your son. :hugs:

You do sound as if you have your hands full.
You might need the Ami`s increasing because you body does become used to them quite quickly & after a while they stop working, what dose are you taking?

How long have you been on pregablin? if you find these are not helping either ask for the dose to be increased or swapped to another med, some times it can take a combo of meds to get the pain under control but once you find the right meds it will help you to feel better. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby angela michelle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 pm

hi thankyou for your replies i been to the gp today and she has advised me to take no meds as none of them help and just add side effects, this morning i was in so much pain i couldnt move and not been able to walk, i have had pins and needles all day.the gp is referring me to the pain assessment team so hopefully they can get things right for me. it has been nice to come here and be told someone understands because it can be a lonely world when no one under stands yor pains so thankyou for all your replies xxx
angela michelle
UKFM Newbie

Postby pomanda » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 pm

My feet are very painful when I stand or walk,I'm going to ask my GP to refer me to occupational therapy
and see if I can get some arthritic crutches where you rest on your arms rather than grip with your hands,(as my hands hurt)
they will at least ease some of the pain as less weight will be going through my feet.
pomanda
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello