[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm a newbie!

I'm a newbie!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm a newbie!

Postby *sara* » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

Hi everyone, my name is Sara and I've just this week been diagnosed with FM. I have had reactive arthritis for 8 years but these new horrendous symptoms for just under a year. Now I have a diagnosis I know I'm not going mad :-D

Anyway - about 'ME'- I'm 34 ( today!!) and have a wonderful husband who looks after me constantly! At the moment I am still full time working (as a teacher - for my sins :-)) but this year has been increasingly difficult!
I have many hobbies - cycling and swimming have been put on hold recently, but I enjoy geocaching when I'm well and also i love reading, I learn Spanish, love genealogy , photography, film editing, crafts - scrapbooks, cards, making anything, also gardening!

I hope that I can become involved and 'meet' people with similar problems for support on both sides! I look forward to chatting !

:-)
*sara*
UKFM Newbie

Re: I'm a newbie!

Postby denys » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 am

Hi Sara, :welcome: to the forum :wave: and :birthday1: :birthday1: your life sounds busy :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: look forward to getting to know you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kidink » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi my name is Jo. I have just been diagnosed this week after an 8 year struggle. I'm 30 years old, and I must say I'm struggling with this. Have been hoping for years that I could be cured and have gone everywhere my doctor has sent with hope that someone can help. Now I feel like my whole world has crashed down around me. I think my partner has taken this badly as we barely speaking. I think he assumed like me that one say I'd be better. We barely speaking now. Anyway I have spent sometime reading the posts before writing this and I got to say that so much in my life now makes sense. I had kind of cone to the conclution that I was just lazy. But now all the memory lapses the dropping things and exhaustion makes sense I feel I don't have to fight against it now. I am hoping that by joining this forum I can tru and get my head around all this.

Love to all

Jo
kidink
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sara :wave:

:birthday1: [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sara and :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: If we bring [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: can we join the party?? :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of info and advice on here, hopefully there will be bits in there that you find helpful. As for getting involved, just find sometig that you like the look of, or have some experience of and just dive in. We're pretty friendly and supportive, and any new suggestions/info about things is always greatly appreciated :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello