wondering where to begin - a newbie hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wondering where to begin - a newbie hello :)

Postby smileyface » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 am

Hello,
Having been ill for many years with many things inc underactive thyroid, endometriosis, MCTD and raised pressure in my eyes I saw one of my numerous Consultants recently who says I have a lot of signs that on top of it all I have this condition fibromyalgia too.

I try really hard to smile and carry on but at the mo I am exhausted, have had to increase some of my medications and feel very sick and weird. I cannot tolerate a whole host of medications and I am at a loss to know what to do now.

I use a walker or wheelchair already and am now shuffling like I am about 90! [ sorry to sound ageist....I just feel so yuck :oops: ]

Look forward to speaking to you all soon.

thanks for any replies and help through the maze of this as it seems some dont believe in such things - have had 1 friend tell me already it is a term for depression. Consultant agreed I am not depressed!

oh well, off to lie down and listen to classic fm - one way of going to sleep by relaxing.

thanks

Smiley [ or trying to be!]
smileyface
UKFM Member

Re: wondering where to begin - a newbie hello :)

Postby TATT » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 am

Hi Smiley,

:welcome: To the forum. We are all really friendly here and there is always someone to talk to. I am in a lot of pain this morning but have to say hi to anyone new. I will leave it there but look forward to talking with you down the line x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

:welcome: to the forum smileything :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sadly, there are far too many people with a similar attitude, wrt FM, such as your friend's :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: Over time you do get to recognise the sort and can then make sure you either have a suitable put down for them or stay out of their way :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: Something like FM quite often makes those around us show their true colours, which isn't always a good thing :facepalm: :facepalm:

What you're feeling at the moment may be due to the changes in dosages of your meds as your body gets used to the new levels. This will hopefully start to ease back soon for you. If it carries on tho, which out improving, or is giving you cause for concern, aving things checked by your GP might be an idea, just to make sure there isn't anything causing the problem.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it. With all the info and advice on here, there's a good chance that someone will have experienced something similar, and may have some suggestions for you. If all else fails, we can get the [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :wine: :wine: out :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 pm

welcome smiley :-D

FM is definitely not depression :roll:

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum smiley :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello