Hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone

Postby pammc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:04 pm

I am new to this forum, but have been diagnosed with Fibro since 2001, as if this is not enough I also have CFS/ME Costochondritis, Asthma, IBS, Depression and Osteoarthritis, but hey ho, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or so they tell me..... :lol:
I am 44 and live in Staffordshire with my hubby and 15 year old daughter who has Type 1 Diabetes, our son is 24 and lives and works in Buckinghamshire.
Until I was diagnosed I had a very active life, swimming, horse riding, windsurfing, walking and gardening, now I am finding it hard to find a job that allows me to be flexible with the days/hours, depending on how well I feel, I can't ride or windsurf any longer, walking I do with difficulty and normaly with the aid of a crutch or stick, even in the house some days. Swimming I still try to do, but only in a warm water pool.
I have no family nearby and no friend, some casual aquantances, but no friends and I only go out if I really need to these days, my lifeline is the internet, and my hubby and kids.
I take various meds for my ailments but I still need to learn to pace myself, even after so many years I still try to do everything......
I hope I can make some friends on here and learn some useful tips to help me cope. :-)
pammc
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everyone

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:13 pm

hi pamm, this site is one of my best mates as it is always there with help and support,

it is hard enogh with just fm and oa so you have more than your fare share,

it is hard isnt it when you have to give up things but you sound like a posative lady wich always helps

hope you get as much out of this site and all on it as i have ,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby pammc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:19 pm

thanx for the welcome masonsbarms , hope I can get some useful tips on here and make some friends as well xx :-)
pammc
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Pam :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello