fibromyalgia in males too

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibromyalgia in males too

Postby leetankers » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi everyone I have just joined this site after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week.I have been in pain for the last 10 months which has gradually worsened but as being male and reading that it is mainly only females who have it I originally dismissed it.I would just like to know if there are many others like myself who have these awfulpains but suffer in silence like I did to start with.I have been put on pregobalin but as yet have had no relief from pain at all. :(
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: fibromyalgia in males too

Postby Mccoll2u » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Your not alone I to have fibro I am suffering quite a bit after latest blood tests say my liver ensigns "poor spelling" are high so been told to cut back on pain killers :'(

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Well i am really glad to hear that i am not just whingeing like some people think i am.The pain is severe at worst and average on a good day.When i am in too much pain i go to bed and pray that i can just fall asleep.
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum leetankers :wave: :wave: :wave:

I've moved you into here with it being your intro post as it's a more suitable part of the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some of it useful. There's always plenty of support here as well with us all understanding what this condition does to us.

Altho FM mainly affects us females, there are also male FMers. We have a few regular male posters, hopefully you'll come across them soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

WRT Pregabalin, alto it's not a med I've tried yet, from what has been said about it on here, it can take from 1 to 3~4 months to fully get into your system and start really taking effect. During this time, dosage tends to be steagily increased until the suitable daily amount is reached. With you only recently being dx'd and starting the med, it's more than possible that it needs more time to start making it's presence felt.

Anything you're wanting to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leetankers » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks very much for that and I know it will take time to take effect so will just have to be more patient.I am not used to being patient but will learn. :-)
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby GarethR » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Lee,

I've been off work since October with Fibromyalgia. It came on quite suddenly and hit me for six. The depression started in December and i also suffer chronic fatigue. I've got a four year old Son and it does upset me that i can't play football with him or push him on the swings in the park as much these days.

Gareth
GarethR
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:10 pm

leetankers wrote:Thanks very much for that and I know it will take time to take effect so will just have to be more patient.I am not used to being patient but will learn. :-)

Being patient is something that most of us have had to learn to do, so you're in pretty good company on here :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mccoll2u » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 am

Oh I didnt notice the rest of my post didnt send what it missed out was me welcoming you to the forum all the support you could wish for is here enjoy :-D

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: there are quite a few males on here and I'm sure they will all be along soon to welcome you, there is another post if you have a search through that was started by another man might be worth you having a look at it :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby leetankers » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 am

Morning to everyone on the site and thanks for your replies.It,s nice to know that there are great people out there who take the time and effort to respond to posts.Hope we all have a pain free day today! :-D Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:49 am

Welcome leetankers,
Im very new to this site aswell but i have suffered for 7 years and been off work for 6 years getting the right pain relief can take alot of experimenting between you and your Dr.
You just need to wait a reasonable time,then if it doesn't work go back and tell them, don't suffer in silence. Just keep going back as you will find that a combination of meds is needed and its not very often that what works for one person will work for you. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm

it is definitely a real pain this! :(
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lee :wave: :twodrinking1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby leetankers » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 am

Just like to say thanks to everyone who have said hello it means a lot to know that there are great people out there especially when you are having a bad day.Lee :-)
leetankers
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello