Teacher on 'time out':-(

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Teacher on 'time out':-(

Postby samanthal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi,

I joined the forum a couple of days ago having had a flare up prevent me from going into work on Thurday and Friday. I wanted to look around and see whether there are any other teachers out there in the same position as me and also wanted to join the site so that I could access general information about Fybro and speak to others when I am on a flare up.

Weekend was pretty grim despite doing next to nothing (frustrating) with lung pain and breathing problems jumping in to make life that much more exciting! Doctor yesterday confirmed lung infection and started anti-biotics yesterday so hoping they start to kick in soon. Does anyone else get lung infections often also? My last one was, funnily enough, this time last year when I was off for 3 weeks! Really don't want to be off that long this time round. It would be nice to get back in for the final week of term and not feel quite so useless as I do currently!

It's horrible being off work:-( I worry so much about it. My immediate boss and deputy just do'nt get it. All they see is a female sick too often. I'm sure they think I love being off! What makes it worse is that they are perfect - very very rarely off with illness! Fortunately senior management are more understanding:-)

Anyway - that's enough grumbling for now:-) If you are suffering and in pain today- I wish for your symptoms to ease.

S
samanthal
UKFM Member

Re: Teacher on 'time out':-(

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 pm

hi samantha, sorry you are even more unwell,

just wanted to say yes its hard being unable to go to work i dont do sick days as a rule up to this getting a hold, i had only 3 days sick in 15 yrs.

but this isnt a cough or stomach upset its a horrid illness with other nasty things thrown in.

dont give yourself a hard time its NOT your fault, as long as the people at the top understand try not to let the other narrow minded fools bother you take it easy and you will recover quicker,

hope you get back for the end of term but if you are feeling ready otherwise stay at home or you could end up worse by rushing things.

take care and hope you feel better soon xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Samantha :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment, hope those anti~bs kick in soon for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, on all sorts of subjects, as well as support for those not so pleasant times that we all experience. Try to be kind to yourself about being off, it's not your fault you're feeling like you are at the moment. As MB has said, don't rush back for the end of term if you're not really ready, going back too early can make things even worse :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

There a couple of teachers on here, not seen them for a while tho :-? :-? Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and hopefully we'll be able to come up with an answer for you :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby samanthal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you both for your lovely replies :-) and for your supportive comments. It's really nice to speak to people who 'understand' x
samanthal
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Samantha :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby samanthal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Thank you Shazq :-) x
samanthal
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello