[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie just arrived.

Newbie just arrived.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie just arrived.

Postby daiseyfleur » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi my name is Jo and Ive been a fibro bearer for several years perhaps more!

After years of feeling I was going mad with numerous aches pains, snapped tendons, depression, anxiety, migraines, vision problems, buzzing in my ears, sensitivity to light and sound, joint pain, tendinitis, inability to loose weight despite being a gym junkie and eating a really good diet, prolapsed discs in my neck, fatigue, falling asleep everywhere, pins n needles in my fingers, foggy head and "Oh its that white box in the corner that keeps things cold"......the list could be endless.......someone mentioned Fibromyalgia to me and finally I had an answer.

Have possibly been suffering from Fibro for over 20 odd years since a horse riding accident, but most definitely know Ive had some more serious problems since snapping my Achilles tendon in 2001. Have just had a weeks flare up after over 6 months of being able to function normally, had forgotten just how bad it could be. I had been pushing my luck, diet had slipped (diet coke and a few Chinese takaways MSG) and had been multi tasking my ass off, buzy buzy bee in the garden extended dog walks, swimming and days out and a few late nights it finally all caught up with me, a few tell tale tingles in my fingers and then last Monday could barely make it out of bed.

Spent last week on pain killers and passed out in bed most days, a week off work but I always feel like such a fraud having time off :( ......Back to work yesterday but feeling exhausted, still suffering with pins n needles in my right hand and no grip and exceptionally itchy fingers, shoulder and neck pain and dead mans legs, but am copus mentus again (its a fridge in the corner) :-D and can get by pretending to function normally :crazy:

Anybody in the Watford area?
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller paragraphs for easier reading
daiseyfleur
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie just arrived.

Postby TATT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Daisy,

:welcome: to the forum, I live in Barnet I used to go to Watford but driving is difficult for me. I am very tired so I will leave it there.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome.

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 am

Daisy. If you get frequent pins and needles in your hands then you should tell the doctor, it might be nerve problems somewhere. Oh, and welcome to the club :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum Daisy :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Daisy and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hope we can offer you some support when you need it :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello