[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pleased to have found you all.

Pleased to have found you all.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pleased to have found you all.

Postby Tinkle » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

Good morning everyone :-D

I am new here so stopped by to say Hi.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a month ago, but suspect I have had it for around 2 years. I was prescribed Amitriptyline by rheumatology but my Dr has reminded me that I am allergic to it so I am now going on Gabapentin.

May I just ask if anyone has had problems with their eyes? I am going to book an eye test for tomorrow I think. The only way I can describe it is like my eyes are dancing in my head? Also my lids sometimes feel very heavy? I am worse in the morning and last thing at night. daft as it is I took a travel sick tablet before as I felt so dizzy, its similar to how you feel with travel sickess.

TIA
Tinkle
Tinkle
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pleased to have found you all.

Postby TATT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Tinkle,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the eyes it sounds like vertigo or something like that which is common with fm. I have blurry eyes in the morning that take an hour or so to wake up. I also get mad flashing lights when I close my eyes for sleep sometimes.

I am sure there will be others that can relate to your eye issues. Look forward to chatting with you.

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tinkle :wave: :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here on all sorts of subjects, so have a good look round and see what there is. Hopefully you'll find some help suggestions in amongst it all :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

WRT to FM and eyes, the answer to your question is that FM can affect them :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's not the eyeball itself that is affected, but the muscles and other soft tissues around it. This means our eyes can feel tired, stingy and generally uncomfortable much quicker than they would have done preFM.

However, a change in how your eyes feel and how your sight seems to be could also be due to other factors, so making an appt for an eye test is always a good idea, just to be sure there aren't other things affecting them.

Anything you want to know about, if you just ask about it, we'll see how we can help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tinkle :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Tinkle :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tinkle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Hello again :-)

Well turns out I have Labyrinthitis or as I discribed to the Dr, there is a party in my head and I havent been invited :crazy: So I cannot start on Gabapetin until this goes.
Tinkle
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello