New but not that new :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New but not that new :)

Postby bex26 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi all. I am new to all of u on here even though I have been joined up for about a month I haven't posted anythin but have been reading a lot. (I couldn't remember my password), well I'm becki. I'm from Wiltshire. Was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 2months ago now. Knowing somethin has been wrong for at least 4years. Wasn't until I seen a new doc thatt the ball started rolling. It's nice to have this forum to see what others go throu like ourself, and by god it can be painfully. Now here's the boring bit... I suffer all over my body really but the worse parts being my head, neck and shoulders and lower back! I could probably deal with things beterr if it wasn't for my head and neck? :-(. I get awfull muscle pains. And my head!! Well, I get real bad headaches all the time. I get a certain part of my head that hurts as and when it wants to. Or feelings as if someone or something is squashing my brain etc. And that's all chat gets me down. Does anyone else get this? I have been prescribed amitriptyline from doc. But as of yet I haven't taken them. I am a wimp wen it comes to taking medication now a days! Any info on them and how they make u feel?? Only been put on 10mg to begin with. The thank you all for listening :-) and hope u are all as well as can be :-). Love and hugs to all xxx
bex26
UKFM Member

Re: New but not that new :)

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 pm

:wave: :welcome: to the forum bex :bear-dancing:

Ami`s are good for pain, sleep & depression in a higher dose. It is a common medication used to treat fibro, you might find after a short time that you do become used to it so the dose will might need to be increased? It can take up to 4 weeks for it to get into your system.
I am on 75mg a night but never sleep a whole night even with sleeping meds :facepalm:

Any other questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bex26 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank u hun. I should have started them ages ago but just hate taking tablets and don't want to be walking round like a zombie :-$ as I have my son to look after and have work to contend with?? Anyone advise the best time to take them? And if they make u drowsy wen taking them? I've heard a few different stories on them xx
bex26
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 pm

hi bex, i am on 20mg at night with others as well, they do make you a little dreamy like for a couple of days,

well thats how i felt, now i find them ok, i take mine about 2hrs before i want to go to sleep, normaly adout 7 30pm

i get up at 4 am and i am ready to start work at 5 am a couple of brews and a couple of those horrid cigeretts and my head is clear.

give them a try go to bed as early as you can and then you have had them in you a bit longer ,

or try them when you dont have to get up as early say weekend,

you never know they may help and they are only a teeny weeny pill.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum becki :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I hope you've found some helpful bits in amongst all the posts and things as you've been reading thru the forum :wave: :wave:

Amis are one of the first meds that are tried when you're told you have FM as they can help with the pain and sleep part of FM. It' not unusual to find that you need to increase your dosage after a while as our systems tend to get used to the different meds we take. Even having to allow for these occasional increases, for some of us they can make a real difference. When you decide to start them, they'll take up to a month to fully get into your system, so try not to be too disappointed or think that they're not helping as there may not be any noticeable differences in things at first.

Some people do find that they can feel a bit groggy in the morning when taking amis. With a bit of twiddling about with the time you take them, it is possible to greatly reduce these effects. For some, taking them a couple of hours before they go to bed, as masonsbarms has said, helps with how they feel, whilst for others, taking them 12 hours before they will be getting up is the best way. Hopefully you'll find what's right for you with them, and start feeling some benefit very soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything else you're wondering about, jusk ask about it and we'll see how we can help you with it :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:23 am

hi,

fear or the unknown can be the worse but once you get use to things such as your meds you will be ok and start to feel some benefits.

you have alot with work and a child but try to only do what you can when you can.

i have a son i homeschool who is 9 now so if i get dozy i can stick a dr who/spiderman/xmen dvd on and he is amused for an hour - :-D :-D

if not so dozy i tend to put thor and other beefcake stuff on for my benefit. :lol: :lol:

you will find your own way - take care. :-D
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello