Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby xstarx88x » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi i'm Jane 24.. I was told I had fibromyalgia about 6 months ago although I have had the signs and symptoms since I was about 18-19. I'm still finding it very hard to come to terms with the fact I have this as my foster mum has it and i've seen first hand what it can do to someone. I am in pain constantly it never goes away, it can sometimes ease but its still there. I'm currently on co-codamol and amitryptaline but i'm not finding that it helps much. What other medications are people on that seem to be helping?
xstarx88x
UKFM Newbie

Re: new member

Postby xstarx88x » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

My doctor hasn't been very helpful so far :( x
xstarx88x
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jane :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It takes time to take in what FM is and what it can do to us, even when there is someone close to us with the condition :( :( :( There seems to be several stages that we need to pass thru before we can finally accept that FM is going to be a part of our lives, often going back to revisit some of them :shock: :shock: :shock: This journey to acceptance isn't something that you can really take a shortcut thru the woods to get there a bit quicker unfortunately :facepalm: :facepalm: It needs to go at the right pace and in the right direction for you.

FM affects us all very differently, so altho you have seen how your foster mum is affected, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will have the same effect on you. You may find that you are affected in different ways, and find different ways for you to manage your FM.

Meds and treatments wise, what may help one of us may do nothing for another. This linky tells you about some of the meds that are used to try and manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx There is also a lot of other info on the linky that you may find helpful. Treatments wise, some have found physio or hydrotherapy can help, as can accupuncture. Talking therapies can help with identifying triggers and devising coping strategies to help deal with things.

There is lots of other advice and info on here as well, so have a look round and see what you can find, hopefully tere will be soe helpful bits in there for you. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 am

hi,

i have had 2 rounds of hydro (this year and last) and that reallyhelps to loosen my back muscles but it odesn't take the pain away.

i also have a massage/reflexology most weeks not had one for past couple as been away and am really sore i guess thats why.

sorry you have it so young, there are a few othrs on here. fortunately i did not get it until nearly 40 but acceptance is the hardes thing.

take care and just take one day at a time - listen to your body, rest when in pain, take hot baths, heat packs etc just don;t ignore it or things only get worse.

:-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jane :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello