[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello All

Hello All

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello All

Postby SuzyVB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 am

I am new to this site. I have MCTD and in March my rheumatologist also told me she thinks I have fibromyalgia. She's put me on 10mg of Amitryptiline although this hasn't made any difference. I also take Plaquenil, Methotrexate, naproxen and tramadol and occasionally if things are really bad I'll use a butrans patch.

Its taken me a while to come to terms with this new diagnosis. My Rheumy consultants diagnosis was 'I think you've got fibromyalgia, have you ever heard of it?' when I said no her response was 'Well google it when you get home' I did that and to be honest the sites I read basically said it's all in the mind and I know my pains not in my mind. I then found this site.

I don't see my Rheumy again until September mind you that's not a bad thing as I always come away from our appointments feeeling down in the dumps. Her last letter to my GP said 'She claims to be suffering from extreme fatigue but still manages to work four days a week' what she failed to realise or care about was at the time my husband had been made redundant so I was the only earner in our family. He's since found a job. I do still work but that comes at a cost. I no longer have any real social life as I'm in bed by 8:30 each night and the weekends are spent catching up on rest and recovering from four days at work. Often in pain...

Anyway sorry that wasn't meant to be a rant. I'm glad I found this site it seems helpful. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Re: Hello All

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum SuzyVB :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sorry to hear you've been given a fibro dx :( :( However, now you've become part of our fibro family, we'll do what we can to help and support you as you find the best way for you to live with FM.

Meds wise, there are various things to be tried in various combos to try and mange FM. Amitriptyline is one of the first ones tried as it can help with sleep and pain. The thing about FM tho, is what may help one may not help another, so a bit of time coupled with trial and error is often needed to find what is right for you :facepalm: :facepalm: It could be that you need a change in dosage for you to feel some benefit from the amis. There are other meds used as well, this linky tells you about some of them http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx If you have a look at it, then see what your GP says might be suitable for you to try.

What you've experienced with coming in from work and just sleeping, as well as a lack of social life are things that most of us have also gone thru, so you're in good company. Sadly, what we knew as life preFM becomes completely ripped apart, leaving us to try and piece things back together again so we can have something vaguely resembling a life :-? :-? :-?

Hints and tips wise, we each have our own little ways of dealing with our symptoms, as well as general ways like heat pads and TENs machines for pain, pacing to get things done etc. The best thing to do is ask about areas that you are finding difficult to deal with rather than asking for general advice. Hopefully doing that would mean you get some useful suggestions rather than being bombarded with all sorts of ideas that may not be what you're wanting to know about.

I think I've waffled on at you for long enough now ;-) ;-) ;-) Don't worry about wanting a rant or letting off any steam, we all understand what you're going thru, and there's always plenty of [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :wine: :wine: to help make things a little better :cake: :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Cheers. Having to stay off the [chocolate] & :wine: for now though as dr has had a real go at me about my weight. At 113kg and 5'11" he says I'm too overweight. He seems to forget that being on steroids for 3.5 years is what took me from 95kg to my current weight... Oh well. Onwards and upwards.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum Suzyvb :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Suzyvb and :welcome: to the forum :wave: have a read through some of the posts I think you'll find you arent alone we understand :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:20 am

Hi yeah at the moment I'm following weight watchers on line using their pro points tracker on my Iphone. It's working slowly. I'm sure it would work faster if I could exercise but last time I went to the gym I slept for over 36 hours and ended up in Hospital with dehydration....
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello