Pregabalin/Tramadol=cant wee?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregabalin/Tramadol=cant wee?

Postby nicky07 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia +restless leg syndrome+ depression last year after suffering for 4 and half years blood tests every year and xrays but then I was finally told what I had, I thought it would make a difference but it hasen`t iam still in so much pain iam on 275 mg of pregabalin+ 75mg of nortriptyline a day 125 mg of pregabalin in morning and the rest at night , I hate it iam in pain all the time and with the dose of tablets iam on its really affecting my memory and iam putting on so much weight , I have now also been diagnosed with sciatica and they said the pain killers iam on there is`ent anything they can do, I also went to NHS24 and I was really crying in pain in front of the doctor and she just said iam sorry there is`ent anything she could do i fell so trapped and alone..........
nicky07
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pregabalin/Tramadol=cant wee?

Postby nicky07 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 pm

I also was put on tramadol but they did`ent do anything for me...... :(
nicky07
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetleaf2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

[icky,quote="nicky07"]Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia +restless leg syndrome+ depression last year after suffering for 4 and half years blood tests every year and xrays but then I was finally told what I had, I thought it would make a difference but it hasen`t iam still in so much pain iam on 275 mg of pregabalin+ 75mg of nortriptyline a day 125 mg of pregabalin in morning and the rest at night , I hate it iam in pain all the time and with the dose of tablets iam on its really affecting my memory and iam putting on so much weight , I have now also been diagnosed with sciatica and they said the pain killers iam on there is`ent anything they can do, I also went to NHS24 and I was really crying in pain in front of the doctor and she just said iam sorry there is`ent anything she could do i fell so trapped and alone..........[/quote]

Nicky, you arent alone sweetie, we are all in the same situation. You have come to the right place :grouphug:
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby wobblycat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Nicky 07 had to reply to you-really feel for you!Iwas dxd with fm last yearhaving had it for about 20years.Shorly after that Ideveloped sciatica.The combination has nearly finished me off.Sciatic pain has reduced me to tears &is excruciating & exhausting.Ihave had it 11 months now.

Medication you are on is one of the standard ones both for fm & sciatica-havent helped me either!Pregabalincan put on a lot of weight in some ppll.Pain,fm.meds may all affect your memory.Im not taking any meds but have really struggled.

If you have had sciatica less than 6weeksit may just go away-have done a lot of research!If you have had it longer you must go back to gp &get more tests/mri scan.If you have a disc problem it may take a considerable time to go.I wwould also ask for a referral to a pain clinic.

Hope you get some improvement soon& youre not alone! :hugs:
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Postby nicky07 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Hey iam waiting to be seen my pain clink but can take 12 weeks so hopefully get seen soon....
nicky07
UKFM Newbie

Postby nicky07 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Hey other thing I hate it when people say iam lazy as they maybe see me on a good day if they only new I wish I could work I have always worked, but I never know how iam going to fell when I wake up .....
Do any of you`s have the same problem with your friends and family ????
nicky07
UKFM Newbie

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm

i tried tramadol once before but it made me depressed but having read on here that alot find it helpful and having recently been diagnosed with fm, i thought i would try tramadol again but after 2 days i started getting pains in my stomach and was not going for a wee very regularly and my ankles swelled up so i have stopped it and gone back on cocodamol and oromorph. Suzy x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby nicky07 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey everyone i have just had to go to doctors again and they have put me on Acupan pain killers aswell as all the other tablets iam on has anyone else taken these tablets and if so do they work for pain?????
nicky07
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum nicky :wave: :wave:

I'm on Acupan (nefopam) and have been taking them for quite a while. Like most meds for FM, altho it doesn't take the pain away, it helps take a bit of the edge off what I feel. I try not to take the max dosage if I can, as I've then got something extra for those extra hurty times.

The one area that they have really helped with tho are my migraines. Pre nefopam, I was lucky to have one day a week migraine~free. Once I started taking it, I saw a noticeable difference in their frequency. Altho far from perfect, I now have 4~5 migraine~free days a week :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 pm

:welcome: Nicky :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello