[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Ayr :)

Hello from Ayr :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Ayr :)

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 am

Hello everyone :-)
A quick intro before I start raking through the forum for advice/help/support.
Apparently I have Fibro :( thats the opinion of my Endo and should get the official diagnosis in 2wks when I next see my Rhumatologist.

Have a nice day x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from Ayr :)

Postby pugbear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am

Hi there heavenlycara
You have found probably the best forum for help and support, i don't know how i would have coped so far without it :-D
Pugbear
pugbear
UKFM Member

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

Hello Pugbear (and to the other 3 people who have viewed my post) :-D x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum heavenlycara :wave:

We have lots of info on the forum, any questions just ask someone will always answer :wave:

:goodluck1: with your Rheumy apt.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby CottonSocks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Hey :-)
You're at a similar point as me with your diagnosis, good luck with your rheumatologist! :-) x x
CottonSocks
UKFM Member

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi guys, thanks for saying hi :-)

Im probably not going to be able to give advice to anyone as its only in the past 18mths that ive been poorly but Im hoping to learn from all you fellow Fibro sufferers.

In 18mths Ive gone from being a slim, happy average 43yr old to 3 stone heavier, miserable and in the body of an 80yr old woman :(
Im on 200 Levothyroxine for underactive thyroid, Amitryptoline ( recently come off morphine that i was on for 1yr for hip pain) Ive had a hip replacement and need the other one done but the surgeon is hoping that when they treat the fibro, he hopes the pain will lessen. I have osteoarthritis and they think I also have another form of arthritis as well as Fibro. The good thing Im seen here in the forum is that its common to have all these conditions along side fibro.

Im lucky that ive got a good gp, endo and rhumy and i should know more about what my body's up to at the end of August.

Can i ask whats the treatment of fibro? Please dont tell me its steroids :nono: x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm

:welcome: :welcome: to the forum heavenlycara :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of info and advice on here covering all sorts of subjects, so have a look around and see what there is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There's always lots and lots of support whenever you need it on here, as well as a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when someone shares something nice with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't worry about possibly not having much advice to share at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug: We each have to find what helps us, which takes time. As you find your way thru things, you'll probably find you have some suggestions to offer, recommendations etc. We have all been at the point where you are at the moment, so understand how things are and seem at first.

Finding the right treatment and balance of things for you to live with FM is a very individual process as it affects us all so very differently. Some people find that meds can get them to a suitable point, others may find therapies can help, some work better with a mix of both, whilst others find that a dietary approach can make a difference, as well as taking supplements and having a more holistic approach to things.

For when you next see your rheumy, this linky may be of help http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx It tells you about the meds types that are often used in the management of FM. It gives you some info about the meds types used and how they may help.

Other things that can also help are pysio, hydrotherapy, accupuncture, massage. If you discuss things with your rheumy and/or GP and see what is available in your area, you may find something to help you.

Anything else you want to know about, just ask about it. It usually doesn't take long for someone to bobble along with a reply :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Aww cheers Fluppy :) x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi Denys :-) still havent got to look around yet, not had any peace to :roll: x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am

:lol: :fingerscrossed: you get some time soon :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello