[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm new!!!! And scared!!!!

I'm new!!!! And scared!!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Gig » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but joined as my gp has mentioned fibromyalgia, still waiting on final diagnosis!
I went to bed at 10pm, struggled to get to sleep then back up at 3am with severe pain in back and legs, took pain killers and back to bed....I'm now sitting up at 6 am lol, I have a very hard day in front of me (uncles funeral) I'm just wondering if I'm worse today because of worry!
This site is fab and has given me loads of info for me and hubby....we also have 5 children and it's becoming increasing difficult to care for the smaller kids! I'm trying to hide it from them but it's soo hard, is there any help I can get for them? X
Gig
UKFM Member

Re: I'm new!!!! And scared!!!!

Postby pugbear » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Gig
welcome :-D
I am fairly new at this as well and therefore don't have any advice for you; however you are a member of the best Fibro forum :-D and the people will be able to support and guide you..
best wishes and gentle hugs
Pugbear
pugbear
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 am

:welcome: to the forum Gig :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle, and yes, it could be the upset from his loss that is making you feel so much worse. These times when everything feels like it's going to shoot off the scale is what is often called a flare~up, and they tend to appear during times of worry, upset and stress. Hopefully, as things start to settle back down, you'll find that the intensity of your symptoms will also ease back as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

WRT your children, you might want to think about telling them what is happening and why things have seemed a bit different to how they would usually be. Small people are a lot more perceptive than we realise, so they will already be aware that mum doesn't seem to be like she usually is. Telling them about some of the things you're going thru and explaining how and why it may have caused you to react/behave differently could help make things a little easier when it comes to looking after them. I have a :alien: :alien: teenager, who was a toddler when things began emerging for me. As I went along, I explained things to him, and him knowing how something might affect me helped us to still have good times and do fun things together.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your final/definite dx. In the meantime, just ask if there's anything else you're wondering about, and we'll try to help you with it :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Gig and :welcome: to the forum, cant add much to what Flup has said so just saying hi :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gig :wave:

Sorry to hear about your Uncle :hugs: upset/worry & stress are a known trigger to cause a flare so its not surprising you are feeling worse, once things settle hopefully things will get better for you.

We have lots of info and support on here, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gig » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi thanks to everyone that responded, the support is amazing on here!!
Thanks fluffy puffy for your advice regarding my kids....me and hubby will be speaking to them, they are good kids and help round the house which is a blessing x
Gig
UKFM Member

Postby Gig » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Fluppypuffy lol sorry, predictive txt x
Gig
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello