Can anyone help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can anyone help

Postby darren evans » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi everyone

I'm 36 male and got fm and has had it 3 years. I'm on loads of pills and can't go back to work.but before that I was a jockey working with horses from the age of 10 years old.
What I want to know I have been thinking I would like to do some kind of sport as I'm so sport minded.how do I get in touch with someone within the paralympics as not blowing my own trump it I think I have the chance to go far but just need the break.
Cand anyone put me in the right direction and get me on the road to GOLD.

Thank you for reading my post
darren evans
UKFM Member

Re: Can anyone help

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:47 pm

hi cant help sorry,

just wishing you luck xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum darren :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Good for you being able to carry with sporting activities :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I would have thought you'd need to start off with a local club, show them your abilities at their level, then work your way thru to county competitions, then onto national and the possibility of international competitions.

Thinking that you could go straight into world ranking games/competitions may be seen by some as being over confident at the very least. You'd also need to be sure you fit into the criteria the sporting bodies use to make sure all competitors are competing on an equal basis.

Finding and contacting your local sports clubs would probably be a more suitable place to start than going straight to the top, Google will no doubt throw up some more info for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Darren.

Sorry i dont know who you would contact but :goodluck1: with your dream.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello