Hi my first post advise please

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi my first post advise please

Postby Ryanne » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 am

Hi I think I might have fibromyalgia, but I don't know how to approach my Dr.

I am in consent pain mostly in my back. The pain gets so bad it brings me to tears. The pain is also in my shoulders, upper arms, hips thighs. The pain can range from a intense burning sensation, to spasms, to just bands of agony.

I have stiffness throughout my body, this is worse if I have been in the same position for too long (sleeping,sitting). I havn't slept in bed for over 2 years, I find the pain and the stiffness is less if I sleep in a up-right position on the sofa,

I am always exhausted, even when I have just woken up, i am known for going back to bed. A 'nap' in the day could be 5/6 hours. Today I feel asleep at 9.30am and woke at 1.45. I was supposed to pick my 5year old son up at 12 :oops: .

I get mixed up with dates, times, days. This week I have mixed three appointments up. This really distresses me. I feel like I am going mad.

This has all started since I developed Bi-polar. I am 31, is it normal to develop it so late?

I don't want to have this, but I feel that if I do have it I can finally get it treated and ease some of the symtoms.
I see my doctor tomorrow, how do you think I should approach him. Sholid I tell him I think I have fibro or give him the symtoms and let them come to a result.
Ryanne
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi my first post advise please

Postby denys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:24 am

Print out some of the info from the site and ask your doc if it is possible you have it. We of course cant say whether you have it or not as we arent professionals. It can affect all ages so 31 is as good as any. :fingerscrossed: you dont have it as no-one would wish this condition on their worst enemy
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ryanne :wave:

:fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ryanne :wave: Sorry to hear you're being affected by FM~like symptoms :( :(

The advice from Denys about printing up some info about FM and taking it with you to see your GP is the best place to start. Also write down your various symptoms as well as how they affect you on a day~to~day basis. Doing this will hopefully get you on the road to finding out the reasons behind your symptoms :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look and a read around, you may come across some suggestions that can help you. Anything you're wondering about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello