Newby

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newby

Postby Andrew 64 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Good day all,
My name is Andrew, this is the first time I have ever joined a forum. I was diagnosed wiith FM & Reynards Syndrome of the hands & feet. Me consultant reckons i have had this gig for about 6-8 years. :crazy:

I work full time have good days & bad days of late I seem to be on a permanent bad day for the last 2 weeks :yikes: I Take my meds on a regular basis. However I always try to push through it. The pain and pain spasms I can handle, it is the disruptive sleep pattern & tiredness & the weird mood swings that gets to me. I am very lucky that I have a super supportive wife who keeps me going. She always makes sure we do something I enjoy once a week. (no smutty comments ta :-) ).

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. :oops:
Today I shall mostly be eating potatoes
Andrew 64
UKFM Member

Re: Newby

Postby denys » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi Andrew and :welcome: to the forum :wave: I have moved your post into here as its your first and it gives everyone the chance to say hello :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Andrew :wave:

Sounds like you might be in a flare :( its hard to rest when you work full time, i deal with mine by pacing.

I had to give up working because i cant deal with the fatigue, sleepless nights, even on sleeping meds i am lucky if i get 4 hrs so i always take off my hat off to fibro sufferers who manage to hold down a full time job.

We seem to be getting lots more guys getting diagnosed so you will have a few guys around to say hi to ya. :twodrinking1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby stephen smith » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi Andrew nice to see a fellow man in same situation,I am new here as well,my name is Steve,I have a wonderful supportive wife too and I work full time.Ive recently been diagnosed with fibro but am sure Ive had it for a long time only now getting worse,its the constant pain in my arm and legs and feet which gets to me the most as well as all the other symptoms feel as if you have flu all the time,all you can do is be positive and take each day at a time keep moving.Once i sit down to relax can hardly move with pain and stiffness. :-D
stephen smith
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew 64 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi,
Thank you all for your kind welcome :-D. I have been able to take the week off this week as I felt that I needed to recharge me batteries.

Loadsa me time speak to you soon cnin chin :crazy:
Andrew 64
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

hellowwwwwwwwww andy and steve well tahats 3 of us males all in same boat ,, work through pain worse when youi stop and causing a vicious circal ,, pain move ,pain move . pain all time dont know what to do work and di y had enough really just flare ing all the time

keep it up lads
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 am

welcome to the forum Andy,

what i would say to thoses of you that are still managing to work is dont work through the pain,Listen to what your body is saying and be guided by it.

I didnt listen to my body as i had my own small bussiness and kept pushing and pushing,then it got to where i couldnt work at all and lost everything and now i spend alot of time either indoors doing almost nothing or going for a ride on my mobility scooter.

Please all of you working be careful and make sure you can get the best quality of life you can
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Newby

Postby Pebbles2139 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi, Andi and Steve! I am new on here also my name is Hannah, one of the things that I'm quickly learning is that you have to listen to your body!

I have only just been diagnosed my self and I also work full time as I have too but it does mean that On my days off i pretty much sleep. I'm useless and my partner ends up picking up the slack coz im either in too much pain or exhausted. I'm hoping it's not too late to listen to my body and I would urge anyone in a similar position to not over do it if they can help it.

Hannah x
Pebbles2139
UKFM Newbie

Postby Andrew 64 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Hannah,

I hear what your saying but sometimes when the pain starts to ramp up, I jump in the car (if the weather is ok) go down to our really great seafront & go for a flat gentle walk, the view and wind is breath taking helps to re focus my mind on other things, then a nice cuppa & a bun. when things get really bad on my days off I use my small blue thing method which really works for me. much respect live for the good days ignore the bad ones. :crazy:

Warm regards Andrew :-D
Andrew 64
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello