Hello There,

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello There,

Postby Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello there,
I am 44 years old and was diagnosed with FMS last year, I had been off work for a year, been in pain for years before that, but I saw a different doctor who sent me for tests and diagnosed me.
I have since moved to Italy with my partner and dog. I have changed career path and now write children's books, that way I can still work without the pressure of 9 - 5.
I have joined here as I still do not understand enough about the condition and hoped that other FM'ers might be able to help me.
Take care all. xx :-D
Purple
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello There,

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum purple :wave:

We have lots of info on the forum so have a good look around and if there are any questions just shout.

Are the gp`s any good about fibro over there?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Purple and :welcome: to the forum :wave: have a look round loads of info on here as Shazq has said :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi There, and thank you for your warm welcome. :dogchasecat1:
My doctor here in Italy just prescribes me the same medication as I was on in the UK. I do not speak Italian as yet so need to take my partner with me to translate.
May I ask a question please? When I wake up, my hands are like claws and I have extreme pain in my arms, my partner needs to massage my arms and hands to allow my hands to open, does this happen to anyone else?
Purple
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:15 pm

hi purple, we are known to have morning stiffness, my hips legs and feet are the worst.
it takes quite a while to get going
the longer im in bed the worse it is.

if you are worried about anything though it is best to check with gp.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Thank you Masonbarms,
It's nice just to have people who understand to give a little support when unsure about things.
Purple :-D
Purple
UKFM Newbie

Postby lyndylou29 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 am

Hi I am in the same position about not understanding FMS,although I have had this condition for 5-6 yrs. :cry: Obviously I have good and bad days,but the bad days shine through most.I try not to take any meds (this is about to change) I have been using O24 for a while. I am a glorified cleaner :lol: I am struggling to bend, walk and use my hands but must keep going :-) I have recently applied for DLA so here's hoping.At the moment,first thing in the morning I suffer really bad back pain until I have had a wee :-) then the back pain seems to subside,wished I knew what was going on there.What else can I say,I am sure you are in the same position
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Postby Purple » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Lindylou29,
The pain is worst in the mornings, last night I got a new experience, itchy feet, no matter what I tried nothing worked except running cold water on them, not much good when you are trying to sleep :lol: , I am finding this a good site, everyone very friendly and helpful. It's nice not to feel so alone with no one understanding.
I think I must be one of the lucky ones, I wake up with pain in my hands but after a massage from my partner I can manage through the day without too much bother.
It's nice to be able to talk to others in a similar position.
Take care :dogrun1:
Purple
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello