[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just wanted to say hi!

Just wanted to say hi!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just wanted to say hi!

Postby Pebbles2139 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello,

My name is Hannah, I am 24 years old and I'm from the northwest of england. I have only recently (in the last month) been diagnosed and im still a little overwhelmed.

I have been having various issues for about the last 5 years, and I've been kicked from pillar to post. Test results coming back negative so I get sent back to the gp and they send me back to the hospital. They have even performed surgery on me three or four times to no avail. Finally (thank god) they give me a diagnosis and I wasn't really sure what to think when they said its not going to go away.

I've been having more and more bad patches to the point where I'm having to use all my energy to work and then I get home and I am pretty much comatose on the sofa, useless. My fiancé has had to pick up so much of the slack which makes me feel guilty.

They have started me on medication but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice....... I just don't know how to cope at the moment.

I apologise if this post just seems to be me moaning lol and hopefully I have put this in the right place.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hannah xxx
Pebbles2139
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just wanted to say hi!

Postby denys » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Hannah and :welcome: to the forum :wave: there is a lot of info on here so have a look around and if you have any specific questions just ask and someone is sure to have some help and advice for you. Dont worry about moaning this is the place to do it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Hannah,

Your post is pretty much identical to mine!! I have been recently diagnosed too after being told its all in my head or i have psychosematic symptoms etc which isnt helpful. All my test results came back normal and i thought i was going mad!!!

Oh i am also from the Northwest too *waves*
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Just wanted to say hi!

Postby Pebbles2139 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

The whole "it's all in your head" really began to do my nut in lol. To the point I started to hate going to the drs as I felt they were just looking at me as if to say what the f**k are u doing here lol. For me it started with abdominal pain, which I have had three ops on. Then migraines, and exhaustion and it's just gotten worse from there.

The latest symptoms were numbness, tingling and pain in my hands which they performed a Carpal tunnel release on my right hand and that did nothing. My brain appears to be getting more and more easily confused. Saying one thing and meaning something completely different and and getting confused when doing physical activities. And the general being in agony constantly..... The dr asked me again to describe the pain, she wanted to know if it was in one place in particular lol when I said no its everywhere like a constant ache but more painfull she just nodded her head grrrrrr lol I'm having a hard time with my hands, elbows and shoulders at the moment and just don't know how to help lessen the pain....

Thanks for the replies, i was looking around on here last night and in some ways it's good to know that there is a support network out there. Although I do wish that non of us on here needed to deal with this.

Xxx
Pebbles2139
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hannah :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 am

hi hannah :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello