[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Everyone

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello all,

Just found this forum while looking online for information, so I thought I would join up and say hi :-)

I'm a 37 yr old lady from the North-West, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year ago but have had the symptoms a lot longer than that... a familiar story I am sure!

I work full-time on a compressed week (I work 4 long days instead of 5 normal ones) and hope to carry on working for as long as I can - sometimes it is really difficult, but I try my best. I'm lucky that my employer has been supportive, and made several adjustments to help me carry on working.

I live by myself with two large ginger tom cats called Vince and Howard (I'm a Mighty boosh fan!), I enjoy watching films, and various crafting type things when my hands are not too painful - I do what I can. :-)

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to know you all better, and taking part in the discussions.

Thanks,
Ruth x
Stormbringer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

hi ruth, it is hard going sometimes working, but you sound like you have a very good boss,

pity there isnt more of them,

this site is a great help for info ans support.

i hope that you can carry on for a long long time without to many problems.

all you can do is what you are already doing your best.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby angie68 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:13 pm

helloo to you too, firstly im new to this how do i post a message on ere duuhhh!!!, ive just been told off my doctor i have fibro after 3 years with a lot of pain, first they took me off my simvastin for cholestral cos can give you aches n pains, no joy, but my symptons confuse me, like you stormbreaker i work but i see people cant work with the pain, my life has changed dramatically in 2 years with the pain, ive dropped hours in my job, i used to be active but now cant be bothered to dog out, ive gained weight and dont eat that much, my pain on a morning is nery bad until i move n stretch a bit, all through out the day its a 5/6 out of 10 when its bad as day goes on its well over a 10..is anybody else like this, my worst pain areas are thighs, back legs and burning feet, i know we all different so i think thats why im confused, when i get up from sitting which isnt very long i walk like a penguin haha till i ease myself right etc ..so please tell me all this true cos my mind is going mad and forgetting things jumbling my words up and i feel as though im on a cloud of fuzz with me brain :( but i just plod on, i cant stand sit or walk for least 10 mins at time cos i get irratiable with pain, my spelling is terrible where i used to be quite good, and my frustration is with by saying "no" cos i cannot be bothered to do anything my social life is zilt i used to help my family a lot i cannot do this now..does this sound like all of you x thank you for taking time reading and hope for feedback x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi to you both and :welcome: to the forum :wave: have a read through some of the posts and hopefully they will help you get some answers
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 pm

:welcome: to both of you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a look round and you may find some answers to things you were wondering about.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's much appreciated :-)

Angie, a lot of that sounds familiar to me too, I struggle to get moving if I've been sat down for a bit and I'm constantly exhausted and feeling foggy.

the worst aspect for me at the moment is the total decline in my social life, I used to be fairly active and was out n about quite a lot. But these days I need my entire weekend just to recuperate enough to go back to work on a Monday. My friends really don't get it, and just think I'm being anti-social or awkward, I just wish they could understand that i would love to be able to go out with them again, I just can't do it any more.

thats really why I joined up here, I was hoping to talk to some people who do understand - some days it feels like it is just me, but I know there are so many of us all going through the same thing. Hopefully we can all help each other out :-)

Ruth x
Stormbringer
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

You could try showing this to your friends Ruth viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732 It does a really good job of explaining what it is like to have FM to those who don't have it.

You can still have a social life, you may need to plan, change and tweak a few things, depending on what your capabilities and limits are, but you can still enjoy yourself. If your friends have a better understanding of what things are like for you, they may also have some ideas of what you could do together that will hopefully mean too much isn't taken out of you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello