newbie, not yet diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: newbie, not yet diagnosed

Postby Jivebunnie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi, I'm new, referred for blood tests this morning, suspected FMS or ME. My GP says they are the same thing. Not sure myself tho.

I know 2 people with FMS - one is chronic & is currently appealing against her ESA tribunal. The other is 24 and doesn't have FMS everywhere although she too has had to give up work. I'm trying to hold down my job following 10 months off with an unrelated illness & operation.

I've had various symptoms for years & written them off for something else

Random stabbing/shooting pains (bone ache!) could be in my right little finger one minute & me left clavicle the next (had these about 7 years now)
Extreme tiredness (was treated for anaemia) (about 10 years)
Headaches - just headaches! But they last for ages (about 10 yrs)
Bloated stomach without eating the normal trigger foods (I get IBS)
My skin can go red under certain lighting - feels like sunburn - (about 7-10 years)
Tinnitus - used to get this occasionally - now a couple of times everyday
Insomnia or trouble sleeping - (about 10 years). Lucky to get 4 hrs sleep a night
Trouble walking - the mind is willing but the legs say NO. (about 4 years)
Depression - on and off for about 7 years but have been on ADs solidly for 3 years
Tingling in my fingers (just put that to sitting funny)
Restless legs - this is new to me
Forgetting words - my brain doesn't speak to my mouth at the moment

One of these on their own is nothing to worry about really but when you add them up it's something to think about. Oh yes, I didn't mention hair falling out & not being able to walk in a straight line.

Only went to the Drs this morning as the last 2 weekends have been a write off and I'd had enough - sitting with a heat pack on my clavicle for a couple of hours, unable to walk, little old ladies pass me by!

Been prescriped amyltriptyline for the time being. Fingers crossed. If I don't have FMS, I will leave quietly............

Thanks for listening!
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Jivebunny and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hope you dont have FM but if you have we are here to support you through any wibbles you may go through :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum jivebunnie :wave: :wave:

I also hope you don't have FM and instead it's something that can be easily treated. I find straight lines difficult to manage these days, sadly it isn't the same reason that used to send me all of a wibble a good number of years ago :wine: :wine:

You're more than welcome to stay with us while you're trying to find the reason for your problems. With all the info and things on here, there may be some things you could try that could help make you feel a touch more comfortable than you are at the moment :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Midnite Warrior » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 pm

:crazy: Hi Pinky1

Think yourself lucky for now! It's just took best part of 16 years for them to diagnois FM with me and I only got to find out yesturday in writing from my GP which i had to ask for. Spent years going for test's and scans, so don't rush your Gp into a decision to early, run the course and try different meds at different levels of doseage. Research your symptoms and medication on the tinternet also on here and don't be afraid to voice your opinions with any one, espically your GP, there are there for your benefit not theirs. Ask about Robaxin (Methacarbolmol) it's a muscle relaxant and pain reliver, had it for years and found it worked really well for early stages of FM.
"Life is only what you make it" is one of my favourite sayings to spur me on.

Chin up a forward march we go, not looking forward to winter and the cold weather.

Take care x
Midnite Warrior
UKFM Newbie

newbie, not yet diagnosed

Postby pinky1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi midnite,
Thanks for your reply. I was diagnosed last week. I'm staying off meds as long as I can. Sorry you had to wait so long for a diagnosis. I'm very lucky to have a very good GP.
Hi Jivebunny, just wanted to say. There's quite a bit of research to suggest that fms and me are totally different types of illness. My best friend has me and there's a huge difference between people I know with fibro, myself and her illness.
Hope you get to the bottom of what's going on
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby Jivebunnie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks for the messages

Had the blood tests, got to go back to the Dr to discuss the results and have more bloods done.
I'm so tired. The amytriptyline is great for stopping the restless legs but apart from that I've had no respite. Was so tired when I got in from work yesterday, I couldn't be bothered to cook anything to eat, so I just had a shower and went to bed. :sleep:

Still trying to hold down my job - can't afford to go off sick again

Keep reading everyone's messages, there's so many different symptoms, it's no wonder people have to wait ages for a diagnosis.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Off for a week's holiday - down to Devon - probably just sleep for the whole week!
:roll:

x
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello