Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Jackie70 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am

I'm new to this and feeling very tired. Looked at other topics but they seem to be years ago? Is there anybody on here that have been diagnosed recently?
Jackie70
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby Jackie70 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

I'm new to this and feeling very tired. Looked at the other topics but they seem to be years ago? Is there anybody on here that have been diagnosed recently? I really need to talk to somebody that has been recently diagnosed.
Jackie70
UKFM Newbie

Postby SaraFibro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Jackie,

I've been diagnosed about 18 months but still very new to it all .....it can be very scary and daunting to begin with and there is so much info out there that its difficult to know what to believe and where to start.....

What's on your mind? :mrgreen: xxx Sara xxx
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease - Thomas A. Edison
SaraFibro
UKFM Member

Postby Jackie70 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:48 am

Sorry for repeating myself. Glad there is somebody on here that has been living with it for a while.
Jackie70
UKFM Newbie

Postby SaraFibro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 am

Hehe no worries.

It can be a bit of a roller coaster at first, I remember trying to convince myself that they'd got it wrong but seeing as everything else was ruled out and my symptoms are in agreement with diagnosis, I had to accept it in the end....there are varying levels of acceptance though so don't be surprised if you end up having little arguments with yourself ....there's lots of support here and through cognitive behaviour therapy etc ....I'm still learning more and more about it all every day and a lot of treatment is trial and error unfortunately .... :)
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease - Thomas A. Edison
SaraFibro
UKFM Member

Postby Jackie70 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:06 am

I hate feeling like this, and argue with myself constantly! Got to go back to work.
Jackie70
UKFM Newbie

Postby SaraFibro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am

Its an awful illness that some call the life stealer.....i work full time but have had half this year off due to ill health, its not good, it makes you worry but you have to try and get your head around things. CBT really helps some people, ok not with pain but how to deal with it a little better
SaraFibro
UKFM Member

Postby Jackie70 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 am

I'm on five weeks ssp pay and not impressed with myself! I just want to get back to work again.
Jackie70
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 am

Hi Ladies & welcome Jackie 70.
I was diagnosed at the beginning of the year and would agree with SaraFibro that the information on this site is brilliant, even if some of the posts are quite old, it is surprising what you get out of them especially if you have the patience to view the whole thread.
I have been off for a while as well and am trying to convince myself that I can get back to work ..my OH calls it my twin speak as he keeps looking for this other perosn when I say I can cope with life as that is not the person he sees most days.

SaraFibro how do you manage at work are you totally flare up free. My pain is reasonably controlled but the fatigue is even worse than the tiredness of pregnancy and I thought that was bad - can you have FM and CFS?
I am really interested in how people manage to cope with Fibro & work as the thought of going back if I am truly honest is terrifying but in this day & age needs must.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby SaraFibro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 am

To be honest hun, i'm not coping. I've had at least half of the time from Jan to now off ill due to flare ups and when I do go to work i'm totally shattered. I've only been diagnosed with fibro but I do believe that I have cfs as well....its a major struggle that has got worse since my first symptoms (neck pain mainly) back in 2008 and i'm still at the same job so they have seen me go from pretty upbeat, reliable and hardworking (including studying accounts in my spare time) to calling in sick every other week. Also, because of fibro fog that causes confusion and short term memory / cognition problems, i'm not as on the ball as I used to be at work so my confidence is low when it comes to answering questions from managers etc.....its really difficult and i've done the rounds of meds etc...I'm now working towards getting off all meds and trying to exercise each day, even just 5 mins stretching but if i can manage it then i walk, faster is better believe it or not! Trying not to get bogged down with any individual treatment and continually seek what works best for you....no doctor can tell you that this tablet or that will work because where do you go once the effects of that med has worn off? Keeping in touch with groups like this is a great way to keep up with the latest treatemetns etc but dont be conned by those just out for your money! :yikes:
SaraFibro
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 am

SaraFibro , You seem to mimic how I have been, thankfully current meds seem to be keeping pain at bay although side effects at beginning were not nice. Might need to review them with Dr soon, as am getting more breakthrough pain as the day wears on but am still at quite a low dose. Its the fatigue and forgetfulness that is keeping me from returning to work, went into the GP surgery to pick up a sick line and had forgotton what I was therefore, then when I remembered I couldn't say the words..it was like a game of charades with the receptionist :lol: :lol:
I have really lost my confidence re work and don't know when I will be able to get back, its a bit scary to hear other people stories and I know everyone is different but yours has made me feel at least I am not alone. Others on the forum seem to be off work and so it is harder to relate to how they are coping.

Hope we haven't scared you too much Jackie70 , appreciate that 5 weeks off seems like a lot but you really do have to play it by ear. What ever you do don't try and get back to work too soon ( although I totally get the money aspect) reading other posts the majority of people agree over doing things can play a major part in making symptoms worse .

Take care ladies,

:grouphug: :goodluck1:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello