[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, Im new here

Hi, Im new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, Im new here

Postby jaythegeek » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 am

Hi, just joined having realised I may have fibro. I am going to see my doctor soon but i have all the symptoms. Just looking for more info really and came across this forum. I am a 45 yr old transguy. In a civil partnership with my wife and we have 4 adorable cats. I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid in 2003. They caught it really late and so I am on the thyroxine for life.
I have those levels correct now and so cant understand why i still feel so crap. And i cant lose weight and i really need to for more reasons than health. I have tingling in my hands as i type. Plus a headache and restless legs, which i have suffered with more many many years now even before i was diagnosed with thyroid problems.
Other problems i have on a daily basis, aching muscles, sharp pains throughout my body, jaw ache, nausea, weakness, tiredness, i cant sleep at night, and usually catch up for a few hours kip in the afternoons. I hate bright lights, when in the car i am constantly squinting. I can only have lamp light in the house. I am sure there is more but my arms are aching so i gotta stop!!
jaythegeek
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, Im new here

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:00 am

HI jay and :welcome:

I know that tyroid and fibro can go hand in hand. Have you spoken to your GP yet?

Lots of info around the boards and helpfull advice :wave:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jay :wave: :wave:

As Lisa has already said, it's not unusual for thyroid problems and FM to accompany each other :facepalm: :facepalm:

With you thinking that you may have FM, the first person you need to see is your GP. If you go armed with some info about FM, as well as details about your symptoms and how you are affected, hopefully it will start things off for you to find out what is the reason for your problems. This linky might be of help http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look and a read around, you may come across some ideas that could help you. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Jay and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rurukidoo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi there,

I also suffer from an under active thyroid and am taking thyroxine daily. it took me a long time to begin to start losing weight, but in the last few months I have finally lost 9kg just by cutting out the bad things I was eating. (mostly chocolate....I do love it a bit too much!)

I hope that you will get some help from your GP.

Ruru.
rurukidoo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello